Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aero

No flashlight beam?

My game works fine except for the flashlight. No matter what I do, the flashligh never lights anything up, at all. I was playing all day yesterday like that, but now I keep dying cause I can't see whats coming until its hitting me, I really want to get the flashlight to work. Any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it?

My first recommendation would be to delete the config file. You may need to redo your controls if you've made changes to the default control scheme, but this should flush out any erroneous settings.

I've experienced the same thing. Eventually the problem fixed itself. Using vid_restart seemed to help, but I cannot confirm this.

Tried both of the suggestion and its still not there. I've heard of the problem where it goes away and comes back, but I don't think thats the problem I'm having, cause mine has never been there at all.

Thats exactly what mine looks like, maybe it is the same problem but it just happened really early on in mine

It's verry intermitant. Had to exit and re-launch the game five times and it eventually went back to normal. Still, I shouldnt have to do this - hints a Doom 3 v1.1 patch needed.

I dont know then cause mines always like that, I've never seen a working beam :(

My flashlight worked flawlessly at first. Then, after some hours it would suddenly cease to funcion properly. It did not lighten up anything, execpt for a few flickers as if the batteries were low.

I tried restarting the game and at first this did not help, but some five more minutes into the game it suddenly went back to work and has not ceased again, since. Strange... I really hope they gonna fix these issues in the first patch. You can´t see a thing in the game without the flashlight.

sometimes the flashlight goes out on purpose.. part of the game.. i dunno if this is what the problem is for everyone but a few of you are seeing this i think...

I also read somewhere about the flashlight having something to do with a file, this is how the duct tape mod works.. it adds the file to 2 guns giving the light effect...

maybe the flashlight file is corrupted?

if i see it again ill post a link

boy, after four years of development, you think they would have noticed and fixed bugs like these. its dissapointing really. my freind is having the same problem. he reinstalled it and never had a problem after that.

Well I had that happen last night, I was at the place before the monorail and then Mancubus encounter. It cleared up pretty quick and didn't happen again.

jakpandora, you can't make a game/program bug free. Developing for a PC is hard cause all the different video cards, motherboards, ram types, cpus, etc. Any number of things can glitch. Usually glitches don't happen on the test machines at the game company, but a glitch occurs out in the public. So don't rag on them, it is a small glitch and it will be fixed.

I think the flashlight is flawed period. It work nominally for me , but when I need it to find ways out of tight dark corners, or find passages the flashlight bleaches out whatever I am looking at. Maybe the had to use a low light quality on the flash light to enable the temporary shut downs by what we thing is electro magnetic waves or some sort of techie thing like that. I don't know but I am sure to see a fix for this soon. It is not like the flash light wasn't almost perfected what 6 years ago????

ok what i did to reproduce this was i put in a console command called r_skipDiffuse 1, u see abosolutley nothing, try turning it off in console maybe that will help?