Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rooks308

Any way of putting alpha demons into final?

For those of you that have the alpha, is there anyway you can export the demons that made the alpha into a mod like package and import them into the final? Even if its just like a mod I think I'd love to see a few of those demons that we saw in alpha that were not in the final version.

Seeing as how the alpha is still considered illegal, it really doesn't matter anyway.

I didn't get the alpha beta version, but maybe the "demon's" we're made different? Eye's, hair, clothes, weapon's......

Lord FlatHead said:

What are you talking about ? All the monsters that were in the alpha are in the full game as well.

Im referring to 2 demons in particular. One was nicknamed "Birdie", while others called him "Brusier". He kinda looks like what some people expected a baron of hell to look like. The other is what appears to be a slightly different version of the arch vile. Its is more tentically (if thats a word). However it is certainly NOT the arch-vile itself as it appears much taller and seems to be a new creature all together.

Sure its possible. But if you can get the models or at least the skins for them. Other then that. Those characters from the pre-alpha will never be in the game. Maybe in a while id may release the models just for the community. I’d love to see them back in the game. Maybe some time in the future a early build will be leaked with some of the early test designs. But I don't think that will ever happen.

hmmm... I wonder though.. if someone can put "new" models into a mod, then why not put these models into a mod as well? Sure it won't be in the standard doom3, but we could have a blast putting them into a mod or even user-created maps. I hope we can figure this out. I guess I had better keep learning radiant. Doing pretty good so far.

Dude, give it up. The models you're talking about were NOT in the alpha so no one out side of ID has them. I'd like to see them sure, a bit more demon verity would be nice but until ID gives us a “fan editors pack” of tools and unused models we are SOL.

To top it off even if they WERE in our hands via the leaked content, owning and distributing it is quite illegal. I dabbled in moving the gun sounds from the alpha into the final game as they sounded much better but i could only get the pistol to work and just last night i saw a “Trent Reznor Sound Pack” for download on a popular site. I haven't tested it ingame but the pistol sounds like the alpha(of which Trent Reznor was head sound guy thingy).

This was something i wanted to bring up in another topic that got closed, is the alpha more illegal cause its leaked software from ID or cause it has Reznor's sounds that are no longer in the game and in some weird limbo of royalties..

I wounder if id would be nice enough to give us the model. I'm sure they still have it in archive. I doubt they care enough to give it away. Good idea rooks308 but you can only do what is there. If the file was included in the alpha then its all possible. They z-sec model can be found though.

Technician said:

I wounder if id would be nice enough to give us the model. I'm sure they still have it in archive. I doubt they care enough to give it away. Good idea rooks308 but you can only do what is there. If the file was included in the alpha then its all possible. They z-sec model can be found though.

That's a great Idea, hopefully ID does release some sort of fanpack or something. Until then I guess we can only hope! :)