Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
incubusspawn

Little oddity probably should bring it to IDs attention.

When you kill the headless zombie with a chainsaw, it shows the brain gib animation. or maybe an imp just ripped its brain out and shoved it down its neck before it became a zombie :D I think the flying brain is over the top anyway, unless it is a perfect shot gun close range headshot that wouldn't happen oh well. At least fix the headless zombie one eh :P

Remember the infamous scenario in Quake III when you'd insta-gib the Bones (the skeleton), and you'd get gibs anyway instead of just bones? Same thing when Orb would get it...you'd get normal body parts instead of a popping eyeball, and some legs...

I never played quake games. And the only thing that would get me to play them would be Music by Trent. So I wouldn't know. Does this mean that ID doesn't fix these things???? Maybe I am spoiled. Not to start anything but Epic would fix a gib problem even if it was something comletely unoticable by the naked eye. It may not be a major issue by any means, what it does show however is the dedication to the game. This is nothing that would make me stop playing D3 as it is trivial.
I am just suprised they never fixed it in the past Doh :(

Of coarse not. Not unless they freaquent this forum due to not haveing one of thier own that I can find. I posted it here to bring it to the attention to everyone else. Oops I think my last post in this thread may have been an assumption, new behavior mod pills you know how it goes ;) you don't mind do you? :p

incubusspawn said:

I never played quake games. And the only thing that would get me to play them would be Music by Trent.

Umm didn't NiN do the music and sound for the first Quake? and you said you never played any of the quake games?

Im not one to reslly explain myself. BUt yes Nin did do q1 ( Trent is Nin ) And of coarse I tried q1 how else would I know to be unhappy with quake :p q2 I didn't play because of two things. Unreal 1 and Q1. Q3 it was really a choice between q3 and ut I saw no reason to have both and for me the choice was no brainer. Now I may try to have an open mind about q4, but I really have to see it and witness how D3 is treated and supported before I'll open up to it. I'm a reasonable guy.

shake it off it is not really that important I was talking about doom headless zombies with brains anyway, someone brought in quake and I got nervous aboout doom. I did plural the quake? If I didn't it really isnt important that I am all dictionary proper :P It is not like I am going to get a job here :) Oh I did plural the game word sorry if the meaning caused you distress. :D

Well there is only like 3 gib animations in the game (not exact) per set of creatures. Any more then that would make the game run even slower and make the files sizes even bigger. It's usually optimal though not very realistic to have a certain amount of animations for a particular task. So if you kill say a headless zombie his brain flies out. Then a little bit later you kill another headless he turns into a pile of bones and turns to dust (just an example). It's completely random. Even though it would take away from the "realism" of the effect headless zombie vs brain flying out on gib. It is still just a game and not 100% realistic.