Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

MacHall comic

Lame. If his game is that dark (and it's obviously an overexaggeration in his screenshots as he's got more than perfectly fine shots elsewhere) he's got a less-than-pleasurable experience out of many other games already.

Counter-Strike finally tipped me off, a year or so back, that my old CRT was just too dark for FPS gaming.

"Begs the question" is used incorrectly here, like most other places you'd see it.

Overall, it sounds like another bashing of Doom 3 just because it's somehow fashionable.

I dunno. Every monster I saw got into the room in a totally legitament way.

- Teleported from hell (very probable)
- Broke through a window (i.e. Imps)
- crawled out of an open vent (imps, once again and trites)
- came in through a door (commandos)
- was already in the room when I got there
- snuck up behind me or fell ontop of me because I didn't see them
- came out of an un-explored part of a room
- broke through a window

and many other ways. I've never had one just "pop out of a wall" before. The only one that someone might consider "unreasonably excessive" is the teleporting. But I think that's highly probable because the door to Hell is open so they have free access in and out of it. They are demons after all and it is satan.

So basically, they don't pop out of a wall if you're attentive. They always come out of a vent, door, window, or are already in the area you just entered.

Also, I played Doom 3 on my CRT, and it's perfectly fine. My screen is at a comfortable brightness and I didn't have to change it for Doom 3. I do agree that there are some places in Doom 3 that are "too dark" and I do wish that I could see more of the game without the flashlight, but it really isn't a big deal and it doesn't make me want to play Doom 3 any less.

DD_133 said:

You listed broke through windows twice FYI.

They break a lot of windows...

That was hilarious, I loved the edited screenshot of how the monsters all get inside the room, the zombie that stands up balancing one of the floor boards on its head cracks me up and the zombie pops up on the TV too, Then that edited screenshot with all the monsters popping out to guard the ammo. It’s exaggerated but all things said its fairly accurate.

They certainly overlooked a couple cool entrance techniques that some Demons made. Remember that Imp that smashed through an outside window to get you (I think it was near the communications tower), and just depressurized the surrounding area? That was a neat twist.

S1lent said:

His system must suck. He only gets 28fps (sometimes only 2). I get around 70.

It's capped at 60. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

-E

Than I'm getting weird jumps. Because I'll see it jump to 70 sometimes. It won't stay there, it'll move to 60, but I get the 70 jumps. Oh well. No need to be rude. And yes, I knew it was capped.

I dont know why mine sucks so much, i cant get it to get over 30, and I have a pretty good system too! Gig of meg, 2.2 GHz NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. but a maximum. Absolute maximum of 30 fps. I wish i could figure it out.