Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
incubusspawn

Key Board config I use to make some things easier.

I only needed to change a few things. I am so used to alt fire on weapons that I keep trying to use the right mouse button to see what else a plasma gun can do LOl :)

Anyway to get serious here. I personaly never use the mouse button to jump though some people swear by it, in doom three jumpy behavior I dont think is wise anyway, heck our marine dies if he drops one story.so

. With all the dark areas I assigned the flash light to the right mouse button. Probably the only game I would ever do that to. It makes it much easier to switch between weapon fire and flash light. Try it trust me it is great.

Also I strongly recomend going to options, gameplay, turn off auto ammo reload. then set "cntrl" key to reload. This is particularly usefull for shotgun toters. It is also very useful for ammo conserve players. IF you don't wan't to reload switch to another weapon. This may seem a pain in the rear at first but I have tried it and controlling when and how reload in high intence battles is much better.
An example close combat more than 4 opponents, useing shot gun. auto reload kicks in. The shot gun has a long reload period and it is difficult to cancel it or switch to another weapon. For me in that case I would rather use my 8 shots and switch to chainsaw immediatly. Or I can choose to reload after every two shots easily to keep a good solid flow of battle. if you use the wasd keys ( I never could get used to that ) then you all ready have this advantage with r key and ignore.

All my other settings are just personal preferances I use for all fps games. The above two are the only ones I can think to make the controls of Doom3 more user friendly.
Speaking of user friendly, Is there any settings that prevents the flash light from bleaching out walls and areas? For as good as this game is and some of the lighting, The flash light really sucks.

incubusspawn said:

An example close combat more than 4 opponents, useing shot gun. auto reload kicks in. The shot gun has a long reload period and it is difficult to cancel it or switch to another weapon.

Actually if it's auto reloading as soon as you get a shell in you can fire, in a battle like that I'm dace'n around auto reload 2 shells boom boom auto reload shell boom reload 2 shells boom boom.

Then you go uuhhh uhhh na na na and start dance'n with one of the corpses lay'n on the floor, spin around, dip, on to the next room.

ZiGZaG said:

Actually if it's auto reloading as soon as you get a shell in you can fire, in a battle like that I'm dace'n around auto reload 2 shells boom boom auto reload shell boom reload 2 shells boom boom.

Then you go uuhhh uhhh na na na and start dance'n with one of the corpses lay'n on the floor, spin around, dip, on to the next room.

Thats true but the timeing is screwed, If I deliberately reload after every two shots, I am in control of it and not waiting for the gun to be fired. Again I find that this works for me and hopefull it may help someone else too. ;)

The only time I find the minor zoom usefull, is when I see something at a distance and just can't figure what it is. It can ( doubtfull ) help distinguish the imp from other similar sized critters. Also for those marine zombies, the additional zoom can help place better pin point shots when the are partialy protected by something. Not really a true zoom by any means.

ZiGZaG said:

hahahhhahaahaha good explaination, i could envision that lmao

// Configuration File for Endureth
// Doom 3

unbindall

// Game

bind "ESCAPE" "togglemenu"
bind "TAB" "_impulse19" // Show Scores

bind "F1" "_impulse28" // Vote Yes
bind "F2" "_impulse29" // Vote No

bind "F12" "screenshot"

bind "t" "clientMessageMode" // Global Chat
bind "y" "clientMessageMode 1" // Team Chat