Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
S1lent

Quick D64 question

Where can I download the PC version of it? I use to have a link but I lost it. Can someone help me out?

Another question.

How do I get it to work? Whenever I try to run it, it says that there is no specified wad. But when I go to the readme it says I only need to click the .exe and start playing. Is there something I'm missing? I have both downloads and both are installed.

Remember that the Absolution is it's own game. You shouldn't put it in the Jdoom directory. It has it's own exe and directory.

Alright, thanks. I'll try that. If I run into another problem I'll post it here.

Thanks for your help.

I got Doom 64 working. Thanks.

New question(s).

1. How do I get the real 3D graphics in jdoom? The environment is different but when I look at the screenshots, I see that the monsters are suppose to be different as well in that they should be 3D.

2. What other ports would you recommend to get excluding jdoom?

Thanks again for you help & patience.

S1lent said:

1. How do I get the real 3D graphics in jdoom? The environment is different but when I look at the screenshots, I see that the monsters are suppose to be different as well in that they should be 3D.

Huh? Doom 64 graphics are SPRITES. Not only, they were once 3d models, but they were screenshoted (and rendered) into static sprties. Doom64 uses only 2d sprites. How I wish for a D64 model pack.

S1lent said:

2. What other ports would you recommend to get excluding jdoom?

For D64TC? Nothing besides Absolution works. In early stages of TC development The depot team planned to make it for Zdoom, but they've chosen Jdoom (presumably because of the lighting and shading system, as well as the Hi-res graphics)

No no no, I mean for Doom. Not Doom64. Doom 64 is fine as it is right now. I'm talking about the ports for Doom, UDoom, Doom II, and Final Doom. (This includes all following questions.)

Weird question...
doomsdayhq.com
Jdoom and It's model packs. Skulk the site for anything useful-especially visit the links section to learn on where obtaining fresh model packs.
For Ports I reccomend Zdoom & Edge