Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr.Doom

I wanna make a mod so frikken bad!!!

Can someone tell me where to find a downloadable mod-maker and how to use it?

Damn i have more posts then you and i dont have a custom title!! ggrrr

anyway, i dont think there are downloadable mod-makers, maybe for Half-Life called Quark or something... you gotta find this program and that program, read a lot of tutorials, maybe know some code...

i guess an SDK would be good. i don't even know whats in them there software development kits. I mean short of making box rooms in editors and putting my face on a bunch of Nazi's so i could commit mass suicide :D i've never tried to really mod something.

My goal would be to put the DB shotty back in but is has no stock just pistol grip. When you fire it off it'll kick your hand right back and takes a long time to reload so it'll compensate for the damage it does close range.

There are long stretches of the game where the player is likely out of all ammo but shotty and needs it to clear out a room. You have no hope against 6 enemies with a slowly reloading double barreled.

well simply read the guides and learn! i dont think it is a point and click thing, at least i know of no utilities that will do that.

its not like saying "i want this to do that" in english. you got to code

A655321 said:

There are long stretches of the game where the player is likely out of all ammo but shotty and needs it to clear out a room. You have no hope against 6 enemies with a slowly reloading double barreled.

One barrel at a time pointblank should do quite nicely. I'd use the single barrel pump if i was in that situation anyway I'd just use the Db shotty for say a pinky or something of that nature up close.

Why can't all map editors have a simple overlay like the one from Never Winter Nights or even the old Doom builder?