Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sniperfrommars1

I need horns on my demons

Okay my only complaint at this point is all the missing horns, and cloaven hooves. thats the only thing I think the characters are missing. Does anyone agree with me? This is a mod Im DYING TO SEE. I just think the pinky should have eyes, and horns, and along with the hell knights. It would just be more demonic feeling to me in that way, as of right now all the characters remind me of something hr. geiger would conceive which is bad in no way, but I want my classic doom feel

Yeah I miss the old hell-knights "moo" noise.

Im probably just warping my past but sometimes when I heard the hell-knight on the origonal it sometimes sounded like a huge moo.

Moo!!!!

and I think horns on the "pinky" would have been better.

That way we could call it the bull demon like it was meant.

Endureth said:

So when you gonna release this mod?

-E

Well im thinking about it, its just i didnt even release a mod for ut or doom 1 and 2, so its gonna take me forever to learn the editor for doom3. ANyone know how long it takes to do something like this? All i want is to put horns back on the demons, we could supplement it a little by using that new skin mod, for classic doom colors, and maybe even put spikes back on the imp! YAY

I know what you mean, Knives. I was looking forward to/dreading (both at once!) the raw power and fury of that bestial Hellknight cry. I think they should have made them much nastier than they are too.

And while I'm ranting, I have to say I'm not sure about the Arch-Vile either - I used to panic every time i saw one in the original, with that shill warbling screech, the creepy "heh-eh" breathing sound they made and the speed they ran about at. They are just too slow in Doom3.

Aside from that, the game obviously rocks! It looks amazing even in low res on my antiquated second-hand system.

shotgunmonkey said:

I know what you mean, Knives. I was looking forward to/dreading (both at once!) the raw power and fury of that bestial Hellknight cry. I think they should have made them much nastier than they are too.

And while I'm ranting, I have to say I'm not sure about the Arch-Vile either - I used to panic every time i saw one in the original, with that shill warbling screech, the creepy "heh-eh" breathing sound they made and the speed they ran about at. They are just too slow in Doom3.

Aside from that, the game obviously rocks! It looks amazing even in low res on my antiquated second-hand system.

yeah nothing in doom 3 ever made me go

O shit......

Kinda disapointing.

The pinky uh, does have horns.

I would love to see a properly done classic Hell Knight model though.

I missed the old death sounds, especially the old Cacodemon. I loved that sound they made when they died.

It sounded like they were "burring" because they were cold :P Or a nasty case of diahria (spelling)

Yes, but it fit perfectly...

Nothing more satisfying that hearing that sound after pumping five shotguns blasts in its mouth. I also liked the "moo" sound the Hell Knights and Barons of Hell made when dieing, like Knives said.

Verdale said:

Yes, but it fit perfectly...

Nothing more satisfying that hearing that sound after pumping five shotguns blasts in its mouth. I also liked the "moo" sound the Hell Knights and Barons of Hell made when dieing, like Knives said.

Uhh they Baron's death sounds like a wierd hiss.

Although I do miss the moos and blurrs and horns, I thought since they were making DooM³ more scarier the sounds would be more like the monster sounds from DooM64; those were a lot more demonic and scary in a hellish way.
That DooM64 'music' was creepy as well...

I thought it was a moaning moo noise. Or was that a Hell Knight only? Oh well, I always get Hell Knights and Barons mixed up. The only time I tell them apart is when I'm pumping them full of lead and one does quicker than the other.