Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Titan

Does anyone know if

there is a way to keep from dying when you go to that very last room in E1M8 where you die and then the message pops up? Even with God Mode on I die. Does anyone know if there is a way to not die in that room? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry there is no way to aviod that, how else would u leave the level anyway. that is a very special sector. it will turn off god mode and hurt u. but if u have the god sphere, use IDBEHOLD to get it, that will keep u safe till it wares it off. Also there is anothe rthing that will kill u with god mode. that is telefragging, the only map i know where it is possible is map30 in doom2(and map30 of the final doom maps)

Actually, if you put god made on after you go through the teleporter, I think it works...I think I did this once, but I'm not sure.

BTW, have any of you seen what happens when you start the level in a hurting sector? The Doomguy makes this face where he's surprised and looking down...its kinda funny. I saw it once when I had random floors on in D!.

Actually, if you put god made on after you go through the teleporter, I think it works...I think I did this once, but I'm not sure.

Nah. It does refill your life though.

I've already cleaned that room with the help of a friend.
He blasts the room when I hit constantly the iddqd keys...

That's the only way to clean the Phobos Moon Base from one horizon to another...
(for maniac Doomers only =D)

I did that once. I clipped over to the room, shot the BFG a couple of times, then got out of there. It's no use to survive since the floor takes away 15-20% health anyway.

My god, this is the most common newbie question of all.

THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR 7 FUCKING YEARS!!!!! ANYBODY THAT DOESN'T KNOW THAT THE FLOOR IS SUPPOSED TO KILL YOU IS A TOTAL DOOM DUPE!!!!!!!!

Think about it; when you get killed, that message comes up which signifies the end of the episode. There, you got your answer.

THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR 7 FUCKING YEARS!!!!! ANYBODY THAT DOESN'T KNOW THAT THE FLOOR IS SUPPOSED TO KILL YOU IS A TOTAL DOOM DUPE!!!!!!!!

I already knew that. I was just pointing it out, so watch it.

Um, actually, it's been 8 years. 1993 to 2001=8 years.

MWAHAHAHAHA, Cren learns 1st grade math from DooMBoy! Hehehehe.

I just have one thing to say! HA-HA!

BTW, have any of you seen what happens when you start the level in a hurting sector? The Doomguy makes this face where he's surprised and looking down...its kinda funny. I saw it once when I had random floors on in D!.

It does that too on Doom2, MAP30, when you go through the teleport and the revenant hits you with his first missile or something.

Man, some of you guys have started getting all pissy for no reason. It's just a question, if you think it's stupid then don't respond. There's no reason to go out of your way and yell at someone, especially when that person hasn't done anything like what mechasam has been doing. I understand the whole need you guys have to flame newbies, but you shouldn't be so high-and-mighty about it. Just give the guy a break.

yea really, i had that question years back. infact before i knew the IDBEHOLD cheat i thought the room was huge and that even with god mode on it would take a while to fight all the monsters. then when i used the light glasses i learn it was a small dark room and u where boxed in my a small invisable box

Heh, I think I learned that there was no way to survive the "Doom room" back in 1994, when I actuall was in first or second grade.

I just have one thing to say! HA-HA!

there is a way to keep from dying when you go to that very last room in E1M8 where you die and then the message pops up? Even with God Mode on I die. Does anyone know if there is a way to not die in that room? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SHUT THE FUCK UP CONDOM MAN!

why don't you.

The Doom guy dies and goes to hell to fight.

Thats what I thought...but why the Hell does he end up ond Deimos first?

The Doom guy dies and goes to hell to fight.

Thats what I thought...but why the Hell does he end up ond Deimos first?

When I finally got the registered version and found that the Doomguy ended up on Deimos, I figured that that was where the portal from Phobos took him. The whole "death scene" was probably the Doomguy being knocked out on Deimos and his weapons being removed... like some kind of twisted whim kept him alive to be tortured and corrupted as much as possible before he died. Needless to say he was underestimated.

Try getting the light goggles befor you go in there.
then you can see. If you dont die there is a time limit
you stay in the room befor the text starts.

Does anyone know if there is a way to not die in that room? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I really don't see the point in that, seeing how it does end the episode and all.

Does anyone know if there is a way to not die in that room? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I really don't see the point in that, seeing how it does end the episode and all.

Does it really even hurt that Titan (stupid condom boy) even asked that? He just wanted to know!

It does that too on Doom2, MAP30, when you go through the teleport and the revenant hits you with his first missile or something.

Those faces he makes are freakin' weird!

DAMN STRAIGHT!

DAMN STRAIGHT!

You didnt have to quote that...