Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shunt

Please inset Doom 3 Disk 1... It is in!?!?!

whats up with this? i get an error message when I run doom saying that I need to insert doom CD 1 when it is already in... ive looked around on other sites and people are suggesting that if this happens you need a no cd crack or to buy a new cd drive... im not gonna shell out on a CD drive just for one game! can anyone point me int the direction of any other alternitives? i couldt find any no cd cracks but theres gotto be another way?

thanks

oh, i found a no cd fix now it comes up with a blue screen telling me that my vidio card drive whatever isnt up to date - i know that my gfx card cant cope with doom so im gonna buy a new one but im just checkin that this is SUPPOSED to happen if someone has a naf card?

i would be annoyed if this was yet another problem :P

What size graphics card do you have. My friend ran Doom with a 32mb card and that blue screen came up. And if its a 64mb there is no chance to play doom. I'd buy a new 128 if it says its not good enough.

mines a proper copy not illegal, just recieved it to day pre-ordered in UK :) - there have been many people with this problem tho... doom is such an advanced game and my PC is quite old... its actually my cd drive but since I got the no cd crack its ok sept for the blue screen :)

im planning on getting an nVidia 6600 when theyre released - theyre supposed to be ideal for doom 3 and dont burn a giant hole in your pocket ;) oh ill probably get a 128 mb one

KLittle123 said:

What size graphics card do you have. My friend ran Doom with a 32mb card and that blue screen came up. And if its a 64mb there is no chance to play doom. I'd buy a new 128 if it says its not good enough.

This isn't exactly true for everyone. I run it on a 64mb card and I get acceptable framerates. It doesn't crash or anything. I've even ran it on a 32mb mobility radeon 9000 equipped laptop with no serious issues. It also depends sometimes on other components in the system.

Of course, that's not to say you should get a 64mb card, just that it's possible for it to run so long as your overall system is fairly sound, and you already own a 64mb card.