Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WadeV1589

Custom Models

Anyone know how to load custom models into the game yet? I tried loading an ASE but unfortunately the textures would not illuminate. It was clipped fine and the textures were there...just not affected by light at all.

I put my model in and a model from the game to make sure the editor actually lighted models and sure enough mine didn't light while the in-game one did...so I looked at the textures for the toilet (my test .ase from in-game) and couldn't work out why it worked for that.

AFA lwo objects go, Doom 3 supports them and ASE and I intend to stick with ASE.

My model was on a func_static and I tried it with and without a material file.

[i]WadeV1589 said:
Anyone know how to load custom models into the game yet? I tried loading an ASE but unfortunately the textures would not illuminate. It was clipped fine and the textures were there...just not affected by light at all.

You need to reference to a working material shader in the //BITMAP.. path of your model.

My model was on a func_static and I tried it with and without a material file.

Any weird submsmoothing whatever meshes or groupls in Max?

I'm not a max user, but Doom3 doesn't accept all the fancy parameters from 3D apps included in game models.

I managed to get it working, Doom 3 doesn't like it if the ASE references any materials other than the bitmap. If there is a specular or bump map referenced in the ASE it goes all confused.

Gate's working sweet now though and looks purdy ^.^