Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

Official Doom 3 easter egg thread

right when the invasion hits, kill the scientist waiting next to you (before he gets posessed) and watch all the different monitors, they have different stuff on em. some of them are marines being posessed, some are marines be killed by zombies, another is one of a naked guy disembowled laying inside of the orange pentegram (the teleport logo)

Revenant100 said:

Now that it's been mentioned, I am somewhat dissapointed at the lack of Dopefish so far, unless he's just hidden well. Commander Keen appeared in Doom 2, and the Dopefish has appeared in every Quake game.

Duke Nukem. Don't forget Duke Nukem. :P

Also, I don't know if this counts as much, but two things:

1. The area in STTP3 is from UDoom E4M9
2. On one section of the same arcade game the name "NABCON" is written in the same style and pattern as CAPCOM's logo.

Airraid, I can't say it's E1M1...infact I'd say it's more a reference to E1M2.

Also, the area with Christian Antkows name, if you look around you'll notice about 4 more offices with id staff names on them, two have been emptied because the staff got relocated and two have junk in them.

Right in the beggining of the game, go to the first guy you talk to. Get all weapons and invulnerability, and kill him. He drops a PDA. Go to the guy who gives your PDA (noclip for speed) and get it. Then noclip back outside to the beginning of the level. If you turn off noclip and walk to the PDA the man dropped you won't be able to access it, so instead noclip right above, and the turn of noclip to drop on top of it and pick it up. He has a couple emails, nothing major, but fun anyway. You can do this for anyone you are not supposed to kill but do. You will always get Duncan Mathews PDA, with these exceptions:

Name                     Occupation       When
----                     ----------       ----

George Krietman          Armorer          Where you go after Sgt. Kelly gives you his orders
Daniel Young             Crane Operator   The crane operator who you see near the beginning of the sublevels.
Mark Ryan                Airlock Guard    Tells you that you have to go through the airlock to reach the scientist, in the sublevels
And some more, which I will add or others can point out.

----------------------------------

Also, after getting your PDA issued by processing watch the issuer guy type. He says some interesting stuff about you at the end :D

----------------------------------

When you are in the sublevels, kill the guy telling "Scotty" that crawling into that whole in the wall is easy. "Scotty" will say "Boss?" and "What's going on out there?"; one of the first times a person will react to another person's death

Namco said:

(I'll post a screenshot as soon as my camera phone doesn't suck:) )

Or you can press f12 and get a clean screenshot.

The packages for the hamburgers in the kitchen (at the beginning of the game) show a logo of a goathead, with his chin, horns and ears pointing in the directions of an upside down pentagram. The hamburger brand is 'Billygoat'.

I saw the following at Planetdoom:

http://www.betagam.net/boarddata/doom/Gagman.jpg
http://www.betagam.net/boarddata/doom/gag.jpg
At the first office this guy wrote this funny thing about "noclip mode player"...

I was hovered over him with noclip mode..he just wrote about me...haha..

Quite funny.

If you kill him, the new text will keep appearing on the screen. I expected as much. What I did not expect is when I went throughout the base killing people and eventually came back, he was back typing. I killed him again and he didn't come back.

Another easteregg, nobody has posted so far:

The woman working in the Plasma Rifle labs (the one that turns into the first lost soul) is Theresa Charsar. This happens to be the sister of Tim Willits. She co-designed one of the Ultimate Doom levels with him.

I posted this a few days ago and the loser moderator moved it to this post hell forum, after like only 5 minutes. I still think it's a funny easter egg so I'll copy it again here. Hey moderator, go stick it up your ass, loser. Eeew what are you gonna do now, better delete this quick, before people read it.

When you first get your PDA at the beginning of the game, walk over and read the monitor screen the guy who gave you the PDA is using.

If you have a problem with the moderators on this board, I suggest you be an adult about it and put your thoughts/comment/suggestions in an email or private message.

Flaying it out here makes you look stupid.

Also, you could have just posted it in here instead of whining about it. I have corrected your post so this is more apparent. Notice I have not yet removed your oh so wonderful message.

PS I was not the one that ph'd your thread, so don't start flaming in this one.

Zerodeath said:

Before the invasion before HW is a room called Combat Prep, after you get the order to goto the Under city type place, you can go in.

There keypad, you must enter the correct 3 digits to get in. I am positive you can find the correct 3. I know that if you noclip in you can pick up the armor, plasma rifle/ pistol/ shotgun etc. etc.

I am too tired at the current moment to try to figure out this 3 digit code.

PS. I am not far into the game either...

EDIT:

I went and got the pistol and stuff after no clipping into it and out of everything I picked up I had nothing, except a soul cube...?

if u listen closely it requires a 9 digit number, or at least when i pressd 9 numbers it beeped and didnt open anyoen got code?

were all stars now, in the dope fish.
also the doomguys face is is there. needless to say there is still alot of stuff to find in doom 3.
i dont know i do see something fishy, i am sure there is a better one, waiting. like the rabit screen hiden in the doom reflection of quake 3

Disorder said:

Someone at Planetdoom found the Dopefish!

Right in the middle, see?

Heh, it's in.

Aah I get it. That's a view looking down on it from the top? I didn't recognize it withoug the big buck teeth in front.

There is no way that's the dopefish. Doesn't even look like it, top down. It's more Cthulu than anything, The only way dopefish has ever been seen is side on with huge eyes and teeth...with the exception of Quake 2, in which the fish is dead.

I'm sceptical.

If im not mistaken in System Shock 2 the gameboy type thing you had was called the gamePIG (it may have been gameHOG, its been awhile). You find magazines all over doom 3 called gameHOG. Doom 3's PDA system was very similiar to that of SS2's. Which is a good thing imho.

My brother found the way into "Combat prep", in the marine area outside it, there is a broken glass door which can't be accessed, but you can see a dead body with a PDA through it. Well there is another hallway with fire coming out of the wall, but if you crouch and crawl through you can get past without being harmed by the fire, walk around and you will find that PDA, Which has the door code on it. Off the top of my head i think it was 531, but if that doesnt work go and find it yourself

(on a sidenote, how about starting a new game and going in there before the attack? wonder if the bloke will say something like "hey, get out!")

EDIT:

If im not mistaken in System Shock 2 the gameboy type thing you had was called the gamePIG

Now that you mention it, i remember one of the very first doom 3 screenshots (with a Z-Sec guy and scientist near some windows) had things that looked a little like GBA's on the wall textures, i think this shot came out at around the same time as GBA doom as well...

One of the PDAs mentioning the new rocket launcher says "NOTE: this edition has a much higher balst damage radius so watch out!"

this is a reference to the fact the the first version of the weapon tested at Quakecon 03 didnt have any splash damage at all by mistake

VERY subtle joke

I'm extremely suprised no-one's mentioned that a remake of the COMPWERD texture from Doom (2) crops up in a few places. It's especially noticeable in the Central Processing level, which also features a couple of textures which are clearly based on Doom (2)'s TEKWALL textures.

Of course, the name Central Processing is itself a reference to the original game, being the name of Doom 1 E1M6. Phobos Lab (E1M5) is also mentioned in one of the PDAs.

Also, it may just be co-incidence, but both System Shock 1 and Doom 3 take place during the month of November (the 6th for SS1, the 15th for Doom 3)...

Oh yeah, some of the lifts are straight out of Aliens.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, it's pretty well hidden...
On the "Valuable sacrificial pointers" info terminal just before Central Processing (mentioned by DemonDemon), there is a flickering line of text. I forget waht it says, but it's pretty standard.

If you look carefully, you might notice that in between flickers, the phrase changes to "Death Awaits You!" for about one frame at a time, almost too quick to read. I think that's what it said anyway. After staring for a bit, I kinda felt a bit uncomfortable - it's like subliminal messaging.

id Software PDA

In the final level, Excavation Site, after going down the elevator into Hell, stick to the left wall. Make sure to stay to the left, or the final cutscene will trigger. You should come to a dead end with candles barely lighting a brick with the id logo in the center. Click this brick and a wall will open to your left. Walk inside the room to find the id Software PDA containing "Thank You" emails from the staff.

Classic God Code Egg

Open up the console using Ctrl+A+~ and type iddqd. You'll get a secret message.

Super Turkey Puncher 3

When you start the game, go through out the game and find the kitchen before 'all hell breaks loose' and in the corner of the kitchen you'll find an arcade game...On the screen is the face of the original Doom character...And he also makes the same faces when you punch and kill the turkey... Get a highscore of 25,000 or higher to get a mail on your PDA.

But...I have one question...Sorry but I'm from Belgium and I can't understand what "dopefish" mean...