Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BuccaneerBo

Crash After Load

Gah! What was supposed to be the game of the year is having so many problems! It installed just fine and the menu looks great and all. I tried lots of combinations with the video settings. I'll start a new game and when it finishes loading it crashed to the desktop. I have a P4 3.0 GHz Hyper Threaded Processor on a Asus P4C800E Deluxe with a Radeon 9800 Pro, a Gig of Kingston 333mhz pc3200 ram and a soundblaster audigy. Please help. Must.... play.... doom....

i have the same problem!!!
i tested all kind of configurations, but it doesn't work this
damn game!!!!!!

Try open your DoomConfig (/base/DoomConfig.cfg)
And find the command 'seta image_cacheMinK "XX"' .. Try
increase the value.. It might help :)
Mines running with 10420, and it stopped the load-crashing..

Else, try download a cfg at d3cfg.tk
Rememb to backup your old one...

I Fixed my problem, and have since then beaten the game. I just say... Wow. Amazing game. Not sure what I did to fix it though. It started with a monthly maintenance I perform(dusting, wire management, etc). I also added a few fans and fixed the dirrections to increase airflow. Then... Basically, I reformated. I reinstalled all the drivers. Tried it with Catalyst 4.5 and it didnt work then I upgraded to 4.7 and it worked beautifully. I ran the game at High graphic settings(mind you not ultra high) and had a constant fps over 50. Great game. Hope this helps. Sometimes a fresh format is the only way.