Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the lone crouton

For those who want the flashlight AND a weapon...

How about someone writes a mod where you control the flashlight in one hand, with one mouse, and your weapon in the other, with another mouse... while you stab the Inhale and Exhale keys with your nose... and pound both feet alternately on your dance mat to move forwards...

The game was designed the way it was for a reason!

;)

The game was obviously designed the way it was for a reason, but that doesn't stop the whole infinite-darkness thing from being annoying.

Maybe just maybe someone figured since todays Millatary has gun mounted flashlights that in the future they might

lmao! i want that "Urbber realistic total impressive touch hyper ultra realism" mod :D

yes yes, everyone makes the point about the weapons, but how many standerd issue guns come with a light on them? None that i know, but they can be modded... i guess with the limited funds and low staff, minimal security and such the Mars workers were complaining about could explain the shortage of mods and vest lights.

I could see a light on the top or end of the shotgun and sure i'd love to have the light in my left hand and pistol in the right so at least i feel more then totally defenseless against demons.. at least i can give the zombies a good whacking

*whack*
*whack*
*whack*

hehehe

HackNeyed said:

... i guess with the limited funds and low staff, minimal security and such the Mars workers were complaining about could explain the shortage of mods and vest lights.

According to the introduction, they have unlimited funds. And no I do not consider that a spoiler.

Personally I'm just fine with having one or the other up. I think the flashlight is pretty damn powerful too.

Yeah the UAC has all the money in the world but i thought it was all being diverted to the labs and experiments and not the workers or guards. Anyway maybe someone messed up and never shipped them and *insert dirty minded thing here* showed up instead of the lights.....

but anyway i don't think i was clear in my last post that i like it as annoying as it is now... presentation before realism = more scary game :D

I don't see why people want to cheat to make the game easier. That is what you'd be doing if you enabled flashlight and a weapon: cheating. Did you guys cry and whine when you couldn't make mario jump a bottomless pit? Did you demand they make it so he can fly whenever you want?

Play the game by id's rules ya wusses!

I want a rocket launcher that shoots flashlights!

Jomero said:

Did you guys cry and whine when you couldn't make mario jump a bottomless pit?

No, we bought a Game Genie, you tool. :P

People exaggerate how dark the game is.

The first level and a few later levels requires that you constantly shift between flashlight and gun, but the majority of the levels only require the flashlight to check the dark corners and find items.

How annoying it is depends on the individual person.

Guys, you don't get it. I have to spot a monster with a flashlight, change back to a weapon then shoot in the darkness. That totally spoils the atmosphere. If I was the doom marine i'd be pretty damn scared seeing a zombie heading towards me, moanin'. I'd frickin' shoot it the moment I see it, in frenzied panic. Instead, what does my in-game character do? Casually putd down the flashlight, slowly holds up the machine gun and shoots blindly in the darkness. Also, why the heck can't I hold the pistol & flashlight at the same time? ID should at least make the doom marine hold the pistol with both hands if they intended IT that way...

i agree. when you use your fists in the game, you can see he's got 2 hands so why not use them??? the constant switching from flashlight to weapon is kind of a pain.

hold flashlight. walk. see enemy. switch to weapon. fire blindly in the direction you saw him at. reload. switch to flashlight. repeat.

i'm not far in the game at all just yet, but hopefully it'll get better.