Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

What has a hope of competing with Doomworld?

hmmmm....I like hanging around the Doomworld community better. but I like to hang out at the other places as well.

I kinda hope all the newbies that come at the time doom3 is realeased will go to www.doom3.com or planetdoom.com just as long as the main gathering of em isn't here doesn't really matter. I just couldn't stand comming on here and seeing "Half Life owns Doom" threads and shit like that.

I kinda hope all the newbies that come at the time doom3 is realeased will go to www.doom3.com or planetdoom.com just as long as the main gathering of em isn't here doesn't really matter. I just couldn't stand comming on here and seeing "Half Life owns Doom" threads and shit like that.

Point. Let the GameSpy network havethe newbies. PlanetDoom will probably just ignore classic Doom and Doom 2 in favor of whatever the new Doom game is.

Point. Let the GameSpy network havethe newbies. PlanetDoom will probably just ignore classic Doom and Doom 2 in favor of whatever the new Doom game is.

Wich is not a bad idea considering it's pretty useless for them to spend resources in Old Doom coverage. DW, DC and ND provide enough info about them, and it's not like the Gamespy community really cares for such an old game.

It's sad how Gamespy turned into a newbie magnet. Ever visited ForumPlanet? Sheesh.

It's sad how Gamespy turned into a newbie magnet. Ever visited ForumPlanet? Sheesh.

I started using ForumPlanet the day they opened it. Then they did that system overhaul and my gloriously huge post-count disappeared. Boy, was I pissed... I haven't been back.

Some of Gamespy hosted sites are pretty pissed about having to use Forumplanet as their messageboard. I think it was PlanetUnreal the one that now is hosting their forums on a different network.

Hmm...this is a very hard choice...I guess DC cause its pretty big, getting popular IMO and is coming along in the features department. Newdoom has no chance, it has a bad rap in the DOOM community. Doomworld.net? Not fucking likly.

Newdoom has no chance, it has a bad rap in the DOOM community.

Except among people who frequent or are hosted by Newdoom.

This depends heavily in the people outside the community. All those guys that'll move here because of DOOM3 will do it because it's either the only place they know or the one with the best reputation.

Someone's gotta make a poll outside DooM related sites and see wich one wins.

err...any hope for me?

Just cause they are hosted by it doesnt mean they like it. My site is on geoshitties and I dont like them.

doomworld is a monopoly, like a good friend Mr. Gates. however it dont make money from the doomers but it is still a monopoly damn it. anyway I hope doomworld stays as one of the top sites after doom3 comes out. hopefuly not planetdoom.com

I started using ForumPlanet the day they opened it. Then they did that system overhaul and my gloriously huge post-count disappeared.

How big was it?