Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

Official Doom 3 easter egg thread

The PDA for the code to the Compat Prep Room is found after the attack starts, this opens the door all ok, but only after the attack.

In terms of before the attack it does not work, but there must be a code that opens it? Although if you noclip in, the guy there has no speech responses which implies door is meant to remain locked. Got to the point of <damit must be a code> I tried every possible 3 digit combination! but no joy .... another poster mentioned the beeps in-that the door will beep after you enter 9 digits, thereby implying its a 9 digit code, but found this was more a timing thing ...

Anyway has anyone had any joy getting in there before the attack legit wise??????

kiwidoom said:

I tried every possible 3 digit combination! but no joy ....

You tried a thousand combinations to a locker keypad in a video game ? Shit.

Hellscream said:

Link doesn't works :D

Yes, remove the <br /> tag in the URL! :-)

On the passenger list (the other console near the dude that gives the writeup on you if you look over his shoulder), look at the names. Jacob Kruse is the name of our very own Shaviro!!

BBG said:

On the passenger list (the other console near the dude that gives the writeup on you if you look over his shoulder), look at the names. Jacob Kruse is the name of our very own Shaviro!!

Picspls

Hellscream said:

kill the turkey... Get a highscore of 25,000 or higher to get a mail on your PDA.

Not true.

ducon said:

Yes, remove the <br /> tag in the URL! :-)

It wasn't there in the first place. I checked it with edit, and everything LOOKED ok. O_o Meh, these forums get screwier by the minute.
Well, it's fixed now.

I couldn't find this Easter Egg posted elsewhere in here, so I hope its not a repeat.

There's a UAC Today magazine in Alpha Labs Sector 2 Engineering Security and a couple of later spots in the game whose cover has an image of a Red Swingline stapler and the tag line "Who Took My Stapler".

That's a reference to the movie "Office Space" (1999) by Mike Judd of Beavis & Butthead and King of the Hill fame, where the character Milton Waddams has an obsession for his Red Swingline stapler. When his boss Bill Lumbergh confiscates it, Milton burns the company Initech to the ground.

Death to TPS reports. All power to the Cube Dwellers

Ahahaha. I loved that movie.

Anyways, I've never seen that magazine, but if I spot it this time playing through, I'll let you know.

you could have added it to the official easter egg threrad, which covers ALL easter eggs.

yes i have seen the mag with the red stapler. usally witht he mag "gameHOG"

Lord FlatHead said:

Yeah 729 to be exact ... no 0 ... got to that god-damit point where you would do 10000 combinations just to figure it out :)

1 - The most remarkable texture recreation in my opinon are the computer displays of COMPUTE1-3 and COMTALL. They look almost like their original. I think you mostly find them in the delta labs.

2 - The chainsaw boxes in the one level have the name "beavertooth" on them. This is the real name of the chainsaw that id scanned in as a model for the original chainsaw in Doom.
-> see image galery at johnromero.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord FlatHead said:

Hehe..remember Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? I never figured out the subtle hints for the stone wheels, so I would also try 1000s of combinations. And I even included the postions in between the actual symbols, just to make sure I don´t miss the correct one :-)

Deathmatcher said:

This site seems to be new to you. It hasn´t changed since August 3rd :)

Fair comment, just spotted the notes about it earlier .... been to busy playing the game to notice and just found it now ... ohh well back to the game

I also spotted a reference to the TV show, The Office, maybe some disgruntled ID employees where fed up at spending so long in an office and decided to strike back!...or not

Working late nights in an office for four years straight on one game... I think they'd be just a TINY bit fed up. ;)

Deathmatcher said:

2 - The chainsaw boxes in the one level have the name "beavertooth" on them. This is the real name of the chainsaw that id scanned in as a model for the original chainsaw in Doom.
-> see image galery at johnromero.com

It's actually Eager Beaver.

Caco-Puff said:

It's actually Eager Beaver.

I think I've been there. That's the one where they wrestle in crisco, isn't it?

Spray said:

The "Booty" magazine's cover has Hunter from Quake 3 on it.

I knew I recognised that figure but I couldn't remember where..... Heh thats kinda cool.