Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
incubusspawn

The jewel case.

Now this could be because the game has only 3 cds and a 4 cd holder was just the most practicle for them to use. But now a days just getting a jewel case has become a luxury. So I am hopeing and wondering that there is an unanounced cd expansion that will fill the fourth slot. Is there any news? or was Activision or ID just nice and gave us a jewel case?

Speaking of wich I have the opinion that I would rather have a jewel case and the manual on the cd and no paper manual, than a paper manual and no jewel case. But I tend to think differant than most people so I was wondering if most other people felt the same way about that? Of coarse in doom 3 we luckily don't have that as an issue :D the above assumes the reason for no jewel cases in most games latley is to cut cost.

Any and all games i have that have 3 CD's, have that "4th" seat available. Its there because CD Jewel cases are mass produced and than assembled. That part is there so they dont have to make a whole different piece. Go ahead and take a jewel case apart and you will see what i mean.

I believe an interview with Todd Hollenshead revealed that a Doom 3 expansion is in the works. Who's producing it, I don't know.

I never said there wouldnt be an expansion. I was just letting him know why he has a CD Jewel case with a spot for a 4th CD. I can almost certainly say that if an expansion does infact come out, it will have its own Jewel Case.

Thats a really clever idea. I never thought about the possibility of that slot. For a second when i first got it, I thought I got a messed up game that was missing a CD or something....

Some games come with 5 CDs...like my copy of FarCry that came with my video card but WON'T INSTALL BECAUSE IT CANT READ THE LAST FILE ON THE CD!!

I thought it was there for people like me who were too lazy to flip back to the first part in the jewel case to swap CD's during the install process.

I thought it was nice. ^_^;

If you make a TC for Doom3, you can put it on CD and store it in the CD box. Or you can assemble the mods and patches of your choice and put them in the jewel case on CD.

Concerning the Expansion Pack: I hope that they won´t make up a whole bunch of stupid powerups and weapons like they did in the Quake/Quake2 mission packs. I don´t want double damage or proximity bombs in Doom 3.

My copy of Doom3 came in a slightly wider than normal DVD case with 3 spaces for CDs.

/me shrugs

I figures on that as a possibility for the jewel case. BUt all my games that have 3 cds came in those little paper holders. I was only curious because They actualy gave us a jewel case wich is no longer industry standard. But you are probably right.

I am not too lazy to flip over the case myself ;) but I have a game NWM and both its expacks to be exact. And the cd key for each is on the manual. It took me three hours the last time I installed it just beause I couldn't find that last damn manual arghhh. I also think that if a product has a cd key then the only place I want that cd key is on the jewel case, that is the one thing that only the slobbiest gamer would lose . I think doom3 gave me a great first impression on this game when I opened it up and saw a jewel case It put a smile on my face that did not go away untill I found out I had to buy xp to play it :(

AirRaid said:

My copy of Doom3 came in a slightly wider than normal DVD case with 3 spaces for CDs.

/me shrugs

You probably have a non-US version. The German Version comes in a normal DVD case, for example.

By the way: Forgot to mention that the collector´s edition of Diablo2 also came in a jewel case with one free slot. The expansion pack has it´s own case, so you may decide to put that on the shelf and put the expansion CD in the main jewel case.

Yeah I'm in the UK.

Question is if We can make a case with no spare slots why can't you? :P

*shrugs*, the spare slot doesn´t bother me. But I like US packages a lot better than standard DVD cases. At least for important games such as Doom 3.

S1lent said:

Some games come with 5 CDs...like my copy of FarCry that came with my video card but WON'T INSTALL BECAUSE IT CANT READ THE LAST FILE ON THE CD!!

Well, go on the cd and pull it off yourself, or download the file off the internet, nothing wrong with that, you have the cd witch means you own the license.