Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

Damn Q3A console

Doom3 seems to use the Q3A console technique. Everytime I open up the console and want to type something, the messages are incomplete and/or in a different color. It seems to automatically type ^1 or something like this, so I have to type every f*#king command twice. Can someone tell be how to fix this? The Quake1/2 consoles did not have this issue!

tab doesn´t do anything. typing backspace twice before the command helps, but it´s annoying. I can´t understand why they did it right in the first two Quakes and got this flaw in in Q3A. I hate the Q3A menu, btw. It´s the worst most bugged menu of ALL id games!

what are you useing. i have bad typing, or maybe spelling. however i have never had any issue like that with either game. maybe your keyboard is bad, detected wrong or just screwing up.

i have never gotten ^1 sounds like you should buy a new keyboard. and i am really sick of the guys out front reving their motorcycles, its getting fucking old. i mean christ do you have to do it every day for 15 minutes stright in your driveway? more so i am normaly sleeping at that time because i am getting ready to go into work for the night. oh yea... we are talking about keyboards

sounds like a keyboard issue to me

No this is not a keyboard issue. I have never encountered a system where this problem did not occur. I myself have a new keyboard from a completely different manufacturer now and the problem is the same. I thought that everybody has this by default and there is maybe a simple way to fix it that I´m not aware of.

May someone move this to the tech forum? Maybe there I´ll get some more replies.