Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coopdogg

Access Denied

When i double click the doom3 icon a stupid box pops up that says "Access Denied - Please login with administrator privileges and try again." I am logged in with admin privileges. I've tried logging in with other accounts that have admin privileges and still no go. Any suggestions?

i dont have that issue.

windowsXP/2000? i have win2000
then login as admin silly, or uninstall and install as a another user.

I've got a crazy idea. Sometimes when Winblows craps out on me and won't let me delete/access/move a file, I set the folder it's in as "shared" on my network. Even if you don't have a network you can still set it as shared, then make sure you click the little box that says "allow users to modify my files" That gives full access to all files in that folder. I've had a game (Ultima Online) that wouldn't load because for some IDIOTIC reason, the folder became "read only". You think that wouldn't matter too much, but the wierd thing was it wouldn't even READ. It denyed all access to the files completely. I set it as shared, and SHAZAAM, magical workingness.

Try it. I know it sounds **********, but it worked for me.

I tried setting it to shared and it still gives the same message. If i right click and use run as.. and click ok it gives me "Doom 3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience." I want to play my game!!!

Did you install it under the same user you're currently logged into? Perhaps you installed it while logged in as someone with administrator privileges, but now you are logged in as someone else on the machine?

I originally installed it under my name (which has admin privileges) and also tried installing it under someone elses name...tried to load using both names and it didn't work. I need a solution so i can blow some stuff up!

Updated audio and graphical drivers and I can now load up the game.

Trouble is I get stuck at the load up bar now.

Seen this in another thread, going to try and sort it out :/