Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

bye bye jonny boy

Anachronox is complete, and almost immediately afterwards EIDOS have dumped ION Storm Dallas (the Romero/Hall part of the company).

/begin saracsm
I didn't see that one coming, did you?
/end sarcasm

If you make crap games, that's what you get (although apparently Anachronox is good). Apparently they're looking for a new publisher, but with a track record that includes Storm Over G1ft Five (or whatever it was called) and Daikatana, I don't hold out much hope. With luck, Hall will realise that his best bet is to strike out on his own.

Thankfully ION Storm Austin (the Warren Spector part of the company, who are currently working on Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3) are safe, and will most likely benefit from this, as they can now recieve extra investment from EIDOS.

Anachronox is complete, and almost immediately afterwards EIDOS have dumped ION Storm Dallas (the Romero/Hall part of the company).

/begin saracsm
I didn't see that one coming, did you?
/end sarcasm

If you make crap games, that's what you get (although apparently Anachronox is good). Apparently they're looking for a new publisher, but with a track record that includes Storm Over G1ft Five (or whatever it was called) and Daikatana, I don't hold out much hope. With luck, Hall will realise that his best bet is to strike out on his own.

Thankfully ION Storm Austin (the Warren Spector part of the company, who are currently working on Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3) are safe, and will most likely benefit from this, as they can now recieve extra investment from EIDOS.

Excuse me for being a dumbass, but what the HELL is Arachnocrox? An aracnotron simulator?

Excuse me for being a dumbass, but what the HELL is Arachnocrox? An aracnotron simulator?

Yeah. Wot he said.

Just another proof of how grim and unforgiving the gaming industry is...

That's asking quite a bit of forgiveness...

That's asking quite a bit of forgiveness...

I dunno, I'd hire Romero.

ugh. Who would want to have sex with her? ._.

Since when did Romero become a woman?

romero was hated by all....

....theres a reason why his head is on a stick in the last level of doom 2 you know

spellcheak me!

Eidos will surely pay him FAT money when they shut Dallas offices. After that, he can easily hire 15 good guys and make games as he wants, without getting all worried because of management and crap...

Daikatana's not valid proof to check his skills, we should wait for his next one. Every person that suffers the pains ION had during the last years MUST learn something about all this...

I still think Romero could pull off a cool game.

I can kinda relate to him from working on Millennium. Unless he learned absolutely nothing from the last 4 years, I'm sure he could turn out something pretty cool in the future.

I'm looking forward his next game. He should do just like Molyneux, hire some people you can call "friends", let them invade your house with comps, and do what you feel it's cool.

Old style game programming. Eternal Hits in the history of Gaming have been done like this. Why wouldn't it work anymore?