Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mivalekan

Hell on Earth

If ID decides to do a Doom 3 variant for Doom II: Hell on Earth, how do you think they would release it? Would it be an entirely new game or just an expansion of the original?

If i recall there's no plans for a Doom 4, so it probably would be an expansion pack...

i wouldnt mind playing doom 3 in a non-metal environment, there appears to be absolutley no carpet, plaster or plasticey wall-coverings anywhere on mars, i bet even in the barracks they sleep on solid iron beds, with chainmail sheets...

I don´t think I want to see a "hell on earth" mission pack. At least not an official one. Maybe someone will make a mod. But Doom2´s map 13 with the Doom 3 engine? come on...

It should be nice to see a recreation of DOOM 2, but continue (in the same add-on) into a real DOOM 3 (a plot after DOOM 2).

Hah. Could you imagine how bad Icon of Sin would lag on Doom 3? The framerate would be like 1 FPS at the highest.

You speak as if they'd recreate Doom2 exactly how it was in the original. Did they do that for Doom3?

Arioch said:

Fuck Hell on Earth. How about Earth in Hell.

Oh hell yes.

(no pun intended)

(ok maybe it was)

Yes, I'd like to see what New York looks like 100+ years from now....I just hope it won't be the stereotypical "World of tomorrow!" crap. Something creative.

Screw New York, I say have the whole thing in Hell...maybe he can find the portal to hell somewhere in the South? :P

Thats stupid....Do you know how boring it would be to go through 30 levels of Hell? The effects are real pretty and all but it would get old after 5 levels. I'd much rather explore a demon infested city than a dark pit.

S1lent said:

Thats stupid....Do you know how boring it would be to go through 30 levels of Hell? The effects are real pretty and all but it would get old after 5 levels. I'd much rather explore a demon infested city than a dark pit.

like 24 levels of metal and a mars base wasn't boring? heh...*yawn*

At least you could interact with stuff and stuff could blow up and bend and all that crap. Hell is just a bunch of rocks, darkness, and fire. You can't do much with that. Trust me, if Hell in the game was biblically accurate, the game would be very boring in hell.

I actually liked the shifting walls, and the jump area myself and the graphics were nice...and it was a tad bit harder in hell with the increased mobs back to back with little health to be found. I rather enjoyed the hell experience way better than rooms and rooms of dark metal areas on the mars base.

I don't see anything wrong with them upping the requirements by a buttload and having a hundred simultaneous monsters. I like the idea of having a game that plays crappy so it gives me some sort of measure of progress when my system gets updated.

If they're going to have more monsters, they need to make the guns more powerful and give you more ammo.

yea and give us invuln sphere's and megasphere's and pretty much make it just like Doom 2!!! that's what we need :P