Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DMFDxUconn

My Generation Of DooM

I got all id boxes for pc from Wolf 3D to Doom3, including all official mission packs and Heretic/Hexen + mission packs. One day I´m gonna make a photo of them.

How cute, 9 year old girl killing zombies and demons! ID's like the cigarrette companies, wanna hook em while their young :P

I still have Doom and Wolf 3D on a floppy discs....but I don't have their boxes.
I used to have all the boxes and the poster....I don't have them anymore though :'-(

S1lent said:

How cute, 9 year old girl killing zombies and demons! ID's like the cigarrette companies, wanna hook em while their young :P

I still have Doom and Wolf 3D on a floppy discs....but I don't have their boxes.
I used to have all the boxes and the poster....I don't have them anymore though :'-(

Shes an extremely smart kid, already skipped a grade. If i didnt think she could handle it, i wouldnt let her play it. What amazes me is how well she does..lol, shes really not bad. She asked me tonight if she could play the one i play (D3)... not yet i told her, lol.

lol, tell her she has to beat the playstation game on Nightmare, then you'll let her play D3. If she can do that, she is worthy lol.

But yes, 9 years old is a little young for a game as graphic as D3. I've been playing Doom since I was 4 and I was still a little shocked by Doom 3 lol.

S1lent said:

But yes, 9 years old is a little young for a game as graphic as D3. I've been playing Doom since I was 4 and I was still a little shocked by Doom 3 lol.

It´s funny that now Doom 3 is regarded as being too rude and graphically offending for kids, while Doom is not anymore. Ten years ago, you (or other people, I am not especially mean you, S1lent) might have said that she´s a litte young for Doom and she could play Pacman or something. Then again, you might be right. Kids of today are much more used to video gaming and graphical/tv violence, so Doom might indeed not have the same effect on them as it would ten years ago.
In the future, it´s maybe like "don´t let her play Quake 43 but she´ll be alright with Doom 3" :)

DMFDxUconn said:

My 10 Years of DooM

Hmm, your handwriting is 100x better then mine and im 17, maby its because i have a penched nerve in my thumb?

Raptor said:

Hmm, your handwriting is 100x better then mine and im 17, maby its because i have a penched nerve in my thumb?

LMAO, in the past week you are the 4th person to comment on my handwriting. I never went to a regular high school. I went to a Technical school and took Machine Drafting for 4 years.. i learned how to write all over again, drawing blue prints and designs. I was 24 when i wrote those codes down.

Hey, you draw weapons on your cheat code list too?!

I thought I just had some bad-weapon drawing on cheat list disease.

that's 10 years of Doom? Where's the Diskettes it originally came on? What I see is 3 years of Doom on some Walmart/Department store pressed CDs :P

I have Both Doom and Doom 2 in the original diskette box. Also Ultimate Doom the same way, Not including the heretic/hexen stuff. Posters, also the cds you have there minus PS cd (I hate consoles)...I have the REAL 10 years worth of stuff ;)

Nice collection though.

P.S. One cheat sheet? Man I have 3 Binders of paper work mainly on the original DEU Editor and mapping, cheats, etc.

The playstation copy is only 9 years old, my bad. sorry for not being exact.My (almost 10yrs old) daughter is also part of "My Generation Of DooM. The day i posted this thread she had played her first game of DooM on the PSX. This is a celebration, why are you trying to beat it down like a rabid dog?

And its not a cheat sheet. In PSX DooM it gave you codes after beating levels, so no memory card was needed.

Thanx for trying to ruin a good thread. Im sure if you really have what you say you do, its a nice collection, right now all i see you having though, is words on a screen. Thanx for stoppin by :)

Yea i see that now. Simple mistake on my part. My head is at 10 years because thats when i started on the 32x. PSX Doom was released on the 26th of May 1997. Its all good tho, lets not start e-thuggin over a date error.

And before anyone asks what "Teh powerful neu cheet" mentioned on the playstation one is, its an X-ray vision cheat that makes the walls and floors semi-transparent, its also a bit buggy

Hm, my playstation one only came in one of those 'CD-Sized' mini-boxes, a double box actually (and a PROPER double box, not one of those shit ones that 'fold out' and break under 2 newtons of pressure), despite being on only one CD