Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DMFDxUconn

My Dads vision on DooM3

First, let me ask all you seasoned DooMers out there... What comes to mind when you think of the original game DooM? Running around and killing things, right? Thats how ive always thought of it, theres really no story to the original DooM, nothing too deep anyway. Look at the way it starts, you go from starting it to playing it in less than 30 secs.. lol, god i miss that in a game.

Anyway, I just let my dad, who is 55 years old, and never played DooM in his life, watch the D3 video i made. Standing here with him as he was watching it, i think i heard the best review of DooM3 i have heard yet, one that hit it right on the head and defined DooM for all it is...

"Its all about running around and killing things" is all he said.

DMFDxUconn said:

"Its all about running around and killing things" is all he said.

And ocasionally getting surprised by some out-of-the-blue monster attack. Otherwise, he's correct.

I always thought Doom 3 was about picking flowers and dancing with butterflies :(((((

Blogs?

And anyway, doom is also about finding the odd key and pressing buttons dammit

And doom 3 involves finding the odd key, reading dead people's email and 'interacting with' fancy looking touch screen consoles (which mostly only have a single button anyway)

boris said:

I always thought Doom 3 was about picking flowers and dancing with butterflies :(((((

That's what my version of Doom3 is about!
DoomFlower3: The Butterfly paradise

Show him some pacifist demos for the original games (say, pp31-245 or pp32-128) and see what he says then.

My dad isn´t a gamer AT ALL. Some years ago I once played Doom and had turned up the sound. My dad was passing by my room and said something like "What´s that strange sound? Doom 5 or what?" :)

I dunno...I kinda thought it was about saving the earth and all those beautiful long legged women from being demon raped.

But I was gonna do that even without Doom3. ;^)

Gremlin said:

I dunno...I kinda thought it was about saving the earth and all those beautiful long legged women from being demon raped.

I guess it's closer to Duke3D storyline :)

boris said:

Looks like they DID censor the german version :(((

And Doom 3 is forbidden for sale in UK...

monkeyinthejungle said:

nothing wrong with going around shooting things

yeah sure, as long as you do that in video games :)

some morons (notably in the US, poor education and free guns you know) have a natural tendency to do that in real life :/