Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

My first Doom3 map (SCREENS)

That's pretty fucking cool Shav my man, hurry up and do a real map already :)

It just keeps getting better. Now time to put a bunch of monsters in it doom style, or it looks like a good multiplayer map, kinda reminds me of some quake 2 maps.

So everytime I see a different texture, it's a different brush, correct?

Even a flat floor is broken up into different brushes to allow you to change the texture?

That's my biggest problem right now -- choosing textures. Maybe my floors are just too large, but they look like checkerboards of repeated textures.

hexbox said:

That's my biggest problem right now -- choosing textures. Maybe my floors are just too large, but they look like checkerboards of repeated textures.

Or maybe the scale is wrong?

I was wondering shaviro..
is there a way to add a 4 view layout ( like in 3d studio max and UNREALED editors) in the doom III editor?
I find it very TROUBLESOME to only have only one window with the 2d View, and other with the data, and other with the 3d render of your "point of view"
and most of the times to do a proper map usually you need to rely in the diferent views ( top, side and front )

excellent map btw.

I had the same problem.
Go into view-->toggle and find them there. Whenever you have the windows open, place and resize them. To get rid of the Z window, press ctrl+shift+z

Woah, looks awesome shaviro! That'll certinaly be the first map i'l play when I get doom3!

1. Fantastic work, I love the lighting in the later pics. ANd them curves are 0_0

2. When you place a new brush and curve it or whatever using the "Brush" part of the menu, how do you make it solid? I made a map of nothing but cylinders and cool curvy shit, but its all walkthrough, none of it clips... Obviously you coudl help because you did it a couple billion times in your map

Release it!

Odd. I don't have any problems with my patches. You should use the patch menu, not the brush menu.

shaviro: thanks a lot, finally found it
btw, is there a way to save these settings inthe editor?
every time I load it, they go back to the "default" settings

Shaviro said:

Odd. I don't have any problems with my patches. You should use the patch menu, not the brush menu.

ah, ok i just found that out but thx

dont know what to do with the brush menu, oh well

I got one question, what kind of methods do you use to make your rooms? By simply making a basic 4 sided room (via hollow a cube/brush) and change its shape/structure as you go along adding stuff, or do you use a different method?

btw, shav09t.jpg has excellent lightning, but I don't know about the lightning in the other pics..

Not too bad. It has a definite quake 3 feel to it, as far as the more simple architecture design (as opposed to Doom 3's design).

Shaviro said:

Yeah it's nothing special, but one has to start somewhere ;)

Best screenshots of a custom Doom3 map I've ever seen. By far.
It's nice to see an experienced mapper doing his thing in the Doom3 engine.

Shaviro said:

I build the room from scratch.

I'd figure that dumb question wouldn't get anywhere..

Anyways, hope to see it released, if possible.

Consider this constructive criticism, since you've done more than I'm likely to ever learn, but you definitely need some more texture variation and more objects.

Nice going though.

are you making them single player(PLEASE)? because some of us dont have the luxury of DSL for online play. Anyway thies enviorments remind me of doom1 alot, and some quake maps.

Now when i see shav's work i think i need to get going with mine!!!!

Really nice work ;)

looks great... but very similar to DooM3 levels. :( (this is good of course, but i would like to see more diverse levels)