Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

If you had a chance to ask for a game and someone would make it...

=laff=Mish said:

a nice emulator can fix that up (and has before for multiplayer games at my school)

Damn, emulator...NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT!

(-Going to d/l now-) :)

I'll agree with you on the Blood 2 engine. Hence my statement on Blood 2 blowing chunks, also, I was corrected about avp/rebellion elsewhere and have admitted the mistake, so I see no reason to edit the original post, when a later post has the same information.

The current Lith-tech engine is actually pretty damned good, looks nice, is scalable and is fun to play. Sorry, but if you haven't noticed recently, nearly every FPS has been using scripting, it's the thing to do. Painkiller has, GTA does (Please, if you think those missions aren't scripted you're a moron) and Doom 3 has scripted seqeunces, Half-life is scripted, Jedi Knight is scripted, Max Payne is scripted.

It's far easier to control a game enviroment with scripting now than it is to hard-code it into the engine, because you can change an element fairly quickly. You know, I'll agree with Lithtech having bad netcode...but you know what saves the multi on the lithtech engine, LANs. I only play AvP multi at lans because alot of us here all love the game and it's so not hard to set the game up. AvP single player was actually quite replayable, so I'm just going to have to say that's just your opinion.

Also, Isn't the new Goldeneye going to have a PC port?

Jordan said:

Picture this, your an italian american chef working at a pizza shop just when 20 huge orders come in, can you deliver them in time? or will you fail it like everything else you tried... this has been a Jordans Dream game Production..

that's called 'mario'

DJ_Haruko said:

Now that I think about it, I almost forgot to mention a sequel or remake to Space Hulk: Vengeance of The Blood Angels!

Hell yes!!

Spacehulk and Spacehulk:VOTBA were two of my fav games ever made. Imagine Spacehulk 3 with full 3d, dynamic lighting etc etc.

EDIT: So I went to the EA website, to suggest that they make space hulk 3, but the 'contact us' button doesnt go anywhere. Nice work EA.

Something like GTA3 in a MMORPG setting. You should be able to do whatever the hell you want.

Lord FlatHead said:

• A really well-made Jurassic Park game using the Far Cry engine. And no creepy severed arm bullshit.

• Maybe someone could do a little rebuilding the Doom 3 engine to make it more suitable for a tropical island like environment. I'd love to walk around with a flashlight, with a thunderstorm in the distance, at that deserted site where the T-Rex went loose. That would be great.

Llamatron99 said:

Hell yes!!

Spacehulk and Spacehulk:VOTBA were two of my fav games ever made. Imagine Spacehulk 3 with full 3d, dynamic lighting etc etc.

EDIT: So I went to the EA website, to suggest that they make space hulk 3, but the 'contact us' button doesnt go anywhere. Nice work EA.

that would be a better pretense for a horror scifi game than doom3

1. More Castlevania, darnit. I want a Castlevania game like Castlevania 2, but with a proper map, and takes place in the future (like maybe a few years after Aria of Sorrow).
    2. Out of This World with modern graphics.
    3. Flashback with modern graphics.
    4. Remakes of the two Crusader games!!

Llamatron99 said:

Ooh, Genestealer-stealth antics!

[EDIT]Wow, someone else played Llamatron back in the day?[/EDIT]

Amaster said:

Extensions to mario 3

That's what I'm talking about. I've dreamed even of there being hundreds of worlds in a "new" Mario 3, each one with a slightly different theme (there are plenty of themes that game hasn't covered).

Speaking of such, it's high time Nintendo came up with another 2D platformer for the Game Boy. I hope the New Super Mario Bros will be worth getting that new 2-screen Game Boy.

My dream is a kind of Ultima VII with a much bigger world, lots of quests, cities, dungeons and magic items :P

Oh damn is game is so addictive, I religiously play it once a year :) (Black Gate and Serpent Isle + addons)

EDIT

WildWeasel said:

4. Remakes of the two Crusader games!!

yeah crusader is pretty cool, too bad I cant run it anymore (stupid EMS memory)

ravage said:

Or a sequel to Raptor: Call of the Shadows.

Somebody except me played that?! Heh, seriously a sequel to Raptor would be awesome, I loved the first game and played it through on all skill levels (except trainee)

And Raptor was kind of a sequel to Galactix. Now I'm fairly sure I'M the only one who played that. :P

A GOOD Judge dredd game, a bit like True Crime, with the various 'random street crimes' you can solve, just without the clunky shitty PS2 control system that tried to do everything and ended up doing nothing. Also with longer 'cases' which you can do, like proper missions, but you get them in a GTA3-Like fashion by going to the grand hall of justice (and after well over 20 years of 2000 AD, There is an absolute ton of famous dredd cases they can include as missions). Alternativley you can just explore Mega-city, and maybe the Cursed earth as well, and see all the stuff from the comic, like the infamous 'fatties', with bellywheels ect, also visit bars, blocks of flats ect (and arrest people for the very slightest infractions of the law and lock them up for 20 years) and just look around. And also ride the awesome Lawmaster bike, or fly around the mile-high buildings in the flying Lawmaster from the (shit) movie, and talk to other judges for info or leads to the big cases (or just for info on a juve gang lurking round the corner who are too tough for one judge to take on along). And of course the famous Lawgiver handgun, with ALL of the modes it has (not just the few that where included in that other game)

Danarchy said:

And Raptor was kind of a sequel to Galactix. Now I'm fairly sure I'M the only one who played that. :P

Untrue; Galactix rawked :D
    I got it on the coverdisk of PC Format - early 90's iirc. That claw, used to grab the power-ups, was a novel touch.

Elite! I'm not the only one. Heh, Galactix was the first game I ever beat on my own I think. And I just loved, LOVED the intro. The digitized speach plus the (then) high-res graphics just blew my mind. Plus, you gotta love the line, "The Acme Toothpick Corporation cut down the last tree in the Amazon Rainforest today. A spokesman from the Acme Corporation said 'Gee, that's too bad.'" :P

Bloody hell, i laughed my tits off at that intro first time round. Incidently, it was the first game i played with a full soundblaster card (ie not adlib). It just blew me away.