Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ichor

Does a bear get drunk in the woods?

Haha!

I've heard they can get drunk "naturally" with fermented honey.

myk said:

Haha!

Chimpanzees in the wild have been know to seek out fermented fruits to eat. I guess they are kinda rotten, but after the first few, who cares?! (Ha!)

to answer your question, no bears dont get drunk in the woods. they get drunk at your camp site. so animals enjoy good beer too? hey, that bear is awsome. i think we should now change the name bear to beer.

I'm sure it would take a lot to kill a bear. This reminds me of a film I heard of called Animals Are Beautiful People Too it was filmed around the same time as The Gods Must Be Crazy and it had the same narrator. In the film the narrator "spoke" for the animals, like in Milo and Otis. He did a pretty good job too.
Anyway there was a part in it where all of the animals were eating some sort of fermented fruit, including monkeys and an elephant. They were all getting wasted and the elephant laid his head on the ground and scooted forward to shovel the fruit into it's mouth. I'd sure like to see it if I ever get a chance.

Ayu said:

WTF?? that would KILL a bear would it not???

Why would it? It obviously has the ability to have a higher BAC than any normal human (this doesn't apply to drunks who could polish off a 30 pack in a few hours)

Heh, I remember Rainier Beer. My parents used to drink it all the time. I thought Rainier didn't exist anymore though. I remember Miller bought them out and sold their big plant. Then Tully's bought the plant and replaces the big red R with a less impressive green T. I miss that R. :(

myk said:

Haha!

Fermented honey = mead.

i could go for some fermented honey.
heh, bears are now great. someone needs to make a pooh toon with him getting drunk on beer and fermented honey. ever wonder where humans got the idea to brew stuff? now i think we know.

Janderson said:

Winnie the Shitfaced?

More like Whinnie the Unfunny!

Am I right or am I extra right?

Sephiroth said:

to answer your question, no bears dont get drunk in the woods. they get drunk at your camp site. so animals enjoy good beer too? hey, that bear is awsome. i think we should now change the name bear to beer.

Don't change the spelling, just the pronunciation.

i could go for a nice cold frosty yogi right about now. "bear beer, fresh from....the woods."

i have seen news clips of elephants raiding small village breweries in india.