Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Graves

Nvidia TI 4600 and the 10 minute Crash...fix? Kinda

I encounter a crash or very extended freeze sometime causing the loss of proper lighting this occurs between 5-10 minutes of play.
***This has come up in several other posts but I have found a work around that I haven't seen mentioned.
Specs:
P2.4
768Mb Ram
Nvidia TI 4600 128Mb VRam
Sblive
XP Home
Dx9.0b

I have tried other peoples advice with no improvement but I may have a temporary solution for those of us still afflicted...

I believe I have found that using the 61.77 drivers(latest) will cause this crash.

I started playing with the drivers a bit and have found that the 53.04 drivers will maintain stability and you will no longer crash.

The catch is I lose about 10FPS in using these old drivers. I really want that 10 FPS back without the crashes.

Does this work for anyone else?
Does this make sense to anyone else?

I hope this lets someone get some long term play in. Perhaps someone will find another set of drivers that has both the stability and performance for similar hardware. I'll repost if I find a solution that doesn't cost 10 very needed FPS.

Hi

I have the exact same problem with the lights disappearing and all is dark.

I have tried the following drivers and all have the same affect

61.77 - 56.64 - 61.36whql - 61.76. Going to now install your recc drivers and will feedback shortly.

No Joy with 53.04

Have also tried
StarStorm5672-XQ
Now trying 6140w2k_xp

Specs:
Athlon XP 2600
512Ram
Nvidia TI 4200 128Mb VRam
Sblive
XP Home
Dx9.0c

If anyone can find a fix for this be much appreciated.

I have found that turning ON all advanced settings in Doom 3 to on improves performace with this..weird..Antialisaing set to 4 in Doom3 seems best.

Found something out i dloaded 3dmark3 and im getting 5 fps and an overall score of 256 for a nvidia Ti4200 8x agp.

Can anyone explain this?

I have heard, and experienced, that the Ti series of GeForce is not fully supported with the newer drivers. In other words, it may play ok, but the 44's and 45's were designed for that type of card and display faster FPS then the newer drivers which were made for the FX style cards.

I have a MSI GeForce Ti 4600, and have found the best, and fastest driver, for my card to be the 45.23's. Any higher and I start losing fps.

My specs:

Windows 98SE
ASUS A7V333 (earlier revision, doesn't support bartons)
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 266fsb
PC2100 512mb RAM
MSI GeForce Ti 4600 128mb
Sound Blaster LIVE
DirectX 9.0b

Doom3 is playable at around 30fps on medium detail at 1024x768, with tweaks.

Thnaks guys

i will give the 44 drivers a try.

I stopped the lights dissapearing by installing omegadrivers which are tweaked for you.. worked a treat at getting the lights to stay on. but now the game crahes to desktop after around 5 mins play.

\\\gonna tweak some more.

cheers

Hi

Managed to fix the light problems by downloading omegadrivers as opposed to detonators etc.

The omega drivers fixed the lighting problem ut now the game crashes after 5/10 mins. Must say though the game looks amazing.