Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mindwyrm

doom music

Anyone know how to rip the music from doom to listen to on my system? I read something about it being in .pak4 but i have no idea how to go about getting at it. Any help would be appreciated.

scott

Ok, i found it, Under sounds(if you unpacked all your pk4's) theres a folder called musical, that contains d3theme.ogg and thats it, it should be 682kb, and around 2:30mins long.

Unfortunately, the D3 theme that comes in the .pak file has a horrible bitrate and a nasty static sound the background, which it could do without.

Umm...hrmm...I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong page or what but I still don't get what you're saying. i don't use sites like this very often, I don't know where these pk4 files and "Sounds" are.

All I see is the Tweaker profile with a Player on the side of it and a bunch of comments at the bottom.

Its in the Doom3 folder on your computer its installed and in game you here it in the main menu.

Pakscape will open .pk3, and pk4 files. just open the pakscape folder and drag the file into it. It opens the .pk4 file so you can browse the contents.

You can change the file over to a different format using a audio converter app. .:all kinds of file formats .wav, .avi, ogg ect:.

sounds great on my system as a wave file with 24bit high quality.

If you need any help use google, thats were I found all the programs like pakscape, and the audio converter.

Have fun and cheers

I also use winamp for playback I find it far superior to Windows media player, at least for audio.

You can also use WinZip or WinRAR if you have them. Just open up either, select the .pk4 file, and extract the d3theme.ogg to a folder of your choice. Then you will need a media player like WinAmp to play it since it's in an .ogg format.