Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

The coolest letter in the alphabet

I've noticed nowadays that most of the little kid things simply have X's somewhere in them; Sonic X, Super soaker X 2000, Even windoews XP. Is X the coolest letter?

What is your coolest letter and why?

well, mathematically, X is a variable number, and it's symmetrical properties and simple-yet-complex shape are eye catching. Not to mention that the X is near the end of the alphabet, one of those strange letters you rarely see in common english.

And no, It's not the coolest letter in the alphabet. R is, cause it looks like it has a boob and legs.

Submerge said:

And no, It's not the coolest letter in the alphabet. R is, cause R is the first step to Ralphis.

Grazza said:

koppa, because it's just so cool.

Koppa is this in html: Ϙ ϙ

Captain Red said:

I always liked the letter . it just looks neat. although,  looks great too. I also like ,, and .

What? 0x7F? • DELETE? The thread?

M because it's the first letter of my name, it's at the centre of the alphabet, it's symmetrical and if you turn it upside down, it makes another cool letter, W, which is the first letter of my surname, Wood. It also comes straight after L, which is the first letter of both parts of my real name, Lord Lamer.

You can also join M and W to make a cool little zigzag shape which can be interpreted as MW and so is a really cool way to write my initials.

I think "Q" is the most underrated letter ever. I use it for everything. My company starts with a Q.

I'd have to say the letter Z - it's easy to look for in alphabetical listings, and it heads off some of the best things I've seen on the freeware pages - ZDoom, ZZT, and the Z-Machine.

WildWeasel said:

I'd have to say the letter Z - it's easy to look for in alphabetical listings, and it heads off some of the best things I've seen on the freeware pages - ZDoom, ZZT, and the Z-Machine.

And ZDaemon. Z may not be the best choice though because it's the most confusing - it doesn't even have the same name to all of us. It's Zed to us in the UK, but it's Zee over in the US. I guess the correct pronunciations are "Zee Doom" and "Zee Daemon" but does anyone else in the UK pronounce them "Zed Doom" and "Zed Daemon" or am I the only one?

Submerge said:
And no, It's not the coolest letter in the alphabet. R is, cause it looks like it has a boob and legs.

No, B is for boobs. It even looks like boobs, man... just like S is for snake, and looks like a snake (and they say "ssss" when startled.)

Lüt said:

No, סּסּ is.

Maybe you thought ⊙⊙, the one you proposed is hebrew.