Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Mortal Kombat: Domination (No, the movie, the new game is "Deception")

Well it's been confirmed on Christopher Lambert's website, according to this article:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5163

comingsoon.net reported...
While rumors have it that Battlefield Earth director Roger Christian is helming Mortal Kombat 3, Christopher Lambert says on his official website that he'll return in the role of Rayden in the third film. The site also says that Lambert will return as the immortal Connor MacLeod in Highlander: The Source.

Meanwhile, Linden Ashby, who stars in soap The Young and the Restless, tells TV Guide that he has "been talking to the producers for the past month or so pretty intensely, and they say we are set to go. I'll be reprising my role as Johnny Cage. It's supposed to start shooting this summer.

Thanks to 'Iceshag' for the alert

Also, alot of other sites have mentioned this as well, except that the original Sonya from the first MK movie will be back, and they're trying to negotiate contracts with the actors of Liu Kang and Kitana. The movie is going to be based around MK: Deadly Alliance. As to who Shang Tsung will be this time around is a mystery, but I'm curious who will be Quan Chi. I just hope they do the first movie justice with the 3rd movie and don't fuck it up as bad as they did Annihlation. But considering who the director might be...

/me goes off and cries in a corner

Oh well, MK: Deception this October should be fun as hell.

LOL, this might just end up being worse than street fighter!

POTGIESSER said:

LOL, this might just end up being worse than street fighter!

Are you kidding Street Fighter was the greatest fighting, well only, comedy ever.

Imp said:

What ISN'T the Rock playing now days?

a rock.

heh the rock is everwhere, just like real rocks. only he smells like sweat and if you punch him he punches back. i could see him being in a MK movie.

honestly i dont have much expectation for a game turned movie

Hold on a second, did it just say Christopher Lambert is coming back as Conner Mcloud in a new highlander movie? He had his head chopped off in the 4th one god damnit, how are they gonna bring him back?!

Bloodskull said:

Hold on a second, did it just say Christopher Lambert is coming back as Conner Mcloud in a new highlander movie? He had his head chopped off in the 4th one god damnit, how are they gonna bring him back?!

He's The Highlander!

Did I misread it, I find it a bit odd having a highlander in mortal combat. Though the cross genre would be quit badassed. Is he playing a different charecter?

While rumors have it that Battlefield Earth director Roger Christian is helming Mortal Kombat 3

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Battlefield Earth was shit on rice.

Black Hand said:

Did I misread it, I find it a bit odd having a highlander in mortal combat. Though the cross genre would be quit badassed. Is he playing a different charecter?

Christopher Lambert IS the highlander. They're talking about a separate movie he's going to do, which is one from the Highlander series.

He will be playing Rayden, like he did in the first movie.

Bloodskull said:

Battlefield Earth sucked Ichor, and mk3 most likely will too if he directs it.

WHAT?

First off, Ichor said it sucked more than Railgunner did. Learn english.

Second off, Battlefield Earth is one of the best movies of all time.

I actualy liked Battlefield Earth, despite it being Scientologist propaganda.

Mr. Chris said:

Bleh @ movie. It'll bomb like the other MK movies...

MK1 made a lot of money.

Imo, the first MK film was good but its all gone down hill from there. I ain't keeping my hopes up for this one either.

Going a bit off topic here but does anyone remember the MK cartoon series (the more recent one)? What was that like?

It was long ago since I last saw it. But from what I remember, it made myself and the games cry with laughter at some of the shit they tried to pass off.

Danarchy said:

I actualy liked Battlefield Earth, despite it being Scientologist propaganda.

actually Hubbard wrote the novel (which was better than the film I'm told, but I have yet to experience either one) before he started scientology. Actually, there's a funny quote by him that goes something like "the best way for a man to become a millionare is to start his own religion" though it may just have been fabricated by Scientology haters...

Oh yeah, and the first MK movie was pretty shitty. I think the only reason anyone thinks they like it is because they saw it when they were 12 or younger. Plus if you compare it to the second movie it's brilliant, which is hardly saying anything.