Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
regression

Classic Doom levels in Quake 2 format?

Anybody know where I can get classic Doom levels rendered for a Quake 2 engine? I'd love to see how they look in better resolution.

Just get Jdoom and the model packs. You can't tell the difference anyway really. Besides I think Jdoom would stay closer to DOOM than Q2 would anyway.

I played a Quake 2 mod with DOOM monsters, and they really look weird (bad). In Jdoom they look better.
Same with the maps.

The link I provided or the links within? In any case: Sorry for the inconvinience. Typically me, here I am thinking I can save the day, and instead my fine throne gets blown away from under my ass! ;)

Directly converted maps actually do suck as they take a VERY long time to compile (linedef/sector translation to brushes is NOT pretty). It'll also run slow.

I remember putting Heretic's (Shadows) e6m2 into Quake once. Didn't turn out good.

gargoylol said:

I remember putting Heretic's (Shadows) e6m2 into Quake once. Didn't turn out good.

Do you mean E5M2 ? Heretic Shadow.. only has 5 episodes.

gargoylol said:

Actually, mine seems to have E6M1-3. It's not listed, it's probably some incomplete, or deathmatch levels.

Awesome! Discovered new levels in a (sort of) id game after 10 years :-)

Yeah, those levels have been there since the original Heretic, though they were E4 back then.

gargoylol said:

Actually, mine seems to have E6M1-3. It's not listed, it's probably some incomplete, or deathmatch levels.

Those are deathmatch maps. E6M1: Raven Software Building, E6M2: The Hypostyle, and E6M3: I Forgot.

gargoylol said:

I though I remember seeing those levels in that Heresy mod...they looked familiar, except for E6M3.

Darkhaven said:

Those are deathmatch maps. E6M1: Raven Software Building, E6M2: The Hypostyle, and E6M3: I Forgot.

how does the software building look compared to the one in Soldier of Fortune 1? By that I mean layout-wise not graphic-wise.

Deathmatcher said
I never laughed so much. 20 minutes of wait in line and the last refresh showed me a corrupt link :(((

You're not missing much. Decent enough conversions but there are some problems. The old Generations mod or the offspring of that mod may be better choices. I guess I should also show off my little conversion of Nessus into a Weapons Factory map: shot