Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deldelda

How to make more than one map in WadAuthor??

Another of my n00b questions, and hopefully the last! Yay, and on to business ...

I have finished my joke wad's first map. I think I see some skill in using tags, and an enemy warp for good measure *ahem* so I am finished with map one. How do I make a map two in the same wad? When I go View-->Select Map, it is disabled ... how do I enable this feature and put in more than one map?

I don't think you can with WadAuthor. That's what I use and I had to get another program. XWE is free and great for doing this. Just open the wad with XWE and select map01, then rename it to map02 or whatever. When you have all the maps done and want to put them together, just open the first and select "merge" then browse for your map02, etc. Hit clean-up and you will have as many maps as you want in a single wadfile.

Just remember you have to rename each to the map# you want it to be before you do this.

XWE will also replace textures, flats, sprites, skies, music and anything else. Some prefer Wintex, which also does these things and also free. I don't like the interface of Wintex, but you might. Any questions about these programs and you can always find someone here who knows.

Yeah, I kinda figured I had to use Wintex to merge. Oh well, thanx; I'll work on level two now. Or clean my car ... I think I'll clean the car; take a break from the computer ...

And yes, I agree, the Wintex interface is a little boring *cough* and pretty confusing, but I can make do. Thanks again, and hopefully my full 32 level wadfile featuring an entire sprite graphics replacement will be done by new year's ... if I work on it everyday ...

Make your map02 (well, you only have to make a single sector) in a seperate wadfile (MAKE SURE you set it to be map02 though, then open it in wintex and copy everything into your main wad file and it will work, you can then work on the rest of map02 and it will be inside your main file, also makes testing easier

Level two and three are done ... one and two are now joined into t2.wad, three soon to be joined in ... once I get back from vacation in wisconsin dells, I'll merge 'em ... ill be pimpin' up the water parks :) yeah, this project is making great proress!

edit: just before i leave, thought i'd merge level three in ... done!