Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

DOOM 3 WALKTHROUGH

Strange.. it starts out in some random level, the screenshots and level names are the same every second page, no navigation bar. And the level names are oddly unfamiliar.

Hahah, interesting and subtle way to comment on the game

It took me a while to figure out what was going on

S1lent said:

eh...if I want a walkthrough, I'll go buy one. I hate online walkthroughs.

Why would you want to waste money on that crap when you can look for just the answer you want online?

You could do something like this for half-life, only the main phrase would be "jumping puzzle."
You could do something like this for far cry, only the main phrase would be "keycard."
You could do something like this for doom, only the main phrase would be "key."

I fail to see how Doom3 is worse than other games in this aspect.

Shaviro said:

You could do something like this for half-life, only the main phrase would be "jumping puzzle."
You could do something like this for far cry, only the main phrase would be "keycard."
You could do something like this for doom, only the main phrase would be "key."

I fail to see how Doom3 is worse than other games in this aspect.

I disagree. Maybe in the later parts of that crappy alien world. Half life had more set pieces and scenarios which prevent it from being as suited to this kind of thing as Doom3.

As for Far Cry it's much more so than Half Life, but still much less than Doom3. I'm playing through it again at the moment, and I'm not encountering too many keycards.

Doom3 is worse than other games in this respect, but that doesn't necessarily make it better or worse as a whole.

/EDIT: Worse is the wrong word, come to think of it. It's just more the kind of game that lends itself to this kind of satire.

toxicfluff said:

I disagree. Maybe in the later parts of that crappy alien world. Half life had more set pieces and scenarios which prevent it from being as suited to this kind of thing as Doom3.

The first third was a jumping puzzle and the last third was a jumping puzzle.

I liked jumping, helped me perfect my bunny hopping skillz.

And can we get off the jumping topic and back onto the walkthroughs?

LOL, as much as i think Half-life is overatted and kinda linear, you could neve even attempt to do a satire like this for it, c'mon

Wobbo said:

LOL, as much as i think Half-life is overatted and kinda linear, you could neve even attempt to do a satire like this for it, c'mon

Uh yes you could.
Jump past the area with the crates. Shoot the spawned monster. Pick up the shotgun ammo. Jump past the electrified water section. Watch out for the spawning monsters. Walk past the blocked door. Enter the vent. Shoot headcrab. Pick up the machinegun ammo. Jump out of the vent on the other side of the door. Shoot monster.

Wobbo said:

Half-Life made jumping puzzles popular :P half of the time in the game when you needed to get behind a locked door you had to gather crates and boxes and jump over something...

SoM said:

Half-Life made jumping puzzles popular :P

You're right, everyone played Half-Life and said "THIS IS THE BEST GAME IN YEARS BECAUSE IT HAS JUMPING PUZZLES"

Shaviro said:

Uh yes you could.
Jump past the area with the crates. Shoot the spawned monster. Pick up the shotgun ammo. Jump past the electrified water section. Watch out for the spawning monsters. Walk past the blocked door. Enter the vent. Shoot headcrab. Pick up the machinegun ammo. Jump out of the vent on the other side of the door. Shoot monster.

I'm not even much of a half-life fan, but there's more variety than that (monsters are usually placed rather than spawned, as well). For instance, there's only one section with electrified water, and a puddle later on) - it's actually one of the distinct little segments, like the cliffside battle, the base filled with tripmines and the nuclear rockets or the part where you first meet one of those huge bastard shark-things.

toxicfluff said:

I'm not even much of a half-life fan, but there's more variety than that (monsters are usually placed rather than spawned, as well). For instance, there's only one section with electrified water, and a puddle later on) - it's actually one of the distinct little segments, like the cliffside battle, the base filled with tripmines and the nuclear rockets or the part where you first meet one of those huge bastard shark-things.

There's more to Doom3 than what that "satire" suggests. What about the train, the crane or the choice between lighting and machinery?
What about the times you had to sprint through an outside area, trying to reach oxygen or the airlock before it was too late? How about the time you go to hell? How about the time with the rotating bridge? What about the other crane you had to rotate so you could reach the other side of the broken down bridge? How about the time you had to start a pump in order to ride it to a higher level?

Shaviro said:

There's more to Doom3 than what that "satire" suggests. What about the train, the crane or the choice between lighting and machinery?
What about the times you had to sprint through an outside area, trying to reach oxygen or the airlock before it was too late? How about the time you go to hell? How about the time with the rotating bridge? What about the other crane you had to rotate so you could reach the other side of the broken down bridge? How about the time you had to start a pump in order to ride it to a higher level?

When did this happen?

Anyways, the trip mines in the nuke garage was badass. I liked to screw up just so I could be engulfed in that white, silent wall of death. And those Ichthyosaurs (shark things) still scare me, even though I know all their locations by heart and the best ways to deal with them. Reminds me too much of Jaws.

Verdale said:

When did this happen?

Try playing the game.

Or would you rather we give you a walkthrough?

Here's an example: In Delta Labs Sector 3, you find multiple teleportation pads, and it is your job to determine which destinations are appropriate to reach the goal, therefore becoming a "trial and error" scenario.

Oh yeah, and for you people who are droaning on and on about how "Doom 3 is repetitive but HalfLife r0x0rz," you need to pay attention to the game; Doom 3 has its share of puzzles and such, as does HL, and regardless of whether or not an enemy is placed in an area or if it is spawned there makes no damn difference. Both games are on about the same level as far as involvement is concerned (minus the goddamn jumping), except for that Doom 3 is ALOT more disturbing.

Shaviro said:

The first third was a jumping puzzle and the last third was a jumping puzzle.

uh, there were no jumping puzzles at all in the beginning of half-life aside from one small sequence where you had to jump on some suspended crates, and that part was super easy to do.