Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dareitus

Making WWII Mod, Need People to Help

I would like to start work on a full conversion mod that will use the Doom 3 game platform for World War II infantry fighting. I will need the following:

1) Techies. People who want to actually edit.
2) Mapmakers. You dont know how to mod, but you know how to make maps. Thats always a help.
3) Artists. We will need ALOT of custom textures and models so artists are always needed.
4) WWII Buffs. I want this to be as accurate as possible, so WWII buffs are always good for advice and knowledge.

Dont talk to me if you dont know what your doing. I only want to hear from you if you can help.

HI GUYS I WANT TO MAKE A MOD SO I NEED PEOPLE TO MAKE THE LEVELS, PEOPLE TO MAKE THE ART TO TEXTURE THE LEVELS, PEOPLE TO MAKE THE MODELS AND SKIN THE MODELS, PEOPLE TO CODE THE MOD SO IT ACTUALLY WORKS, AND PEOPLE WHO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT WW2 SO IT MAKES SENSE.

I WILL DO EVERYTHING ELSE

I think I'll be able to count the number of people in this project on my penis, and that is including Dareitus.

Start with something you can do on your own. Mybe people will give a crap about you then hm?

Uh i meant in addition to myself... i can already do all of that (besides art im really no good there) but i figure the more people helping the better...

Then start working on it and come back when you have something to show. Maybe then someone will want to join in.

Ill finish a big ol' doom3 map first I guess... dont see why i should waste my time seeing as doom3 multiplayer sux but if it proves something than fine. anyone actually play doom3 and want me to make a map based on something or with something in it specific?

Dareitus said:

want me to make a map based on something or with something in it specific?

well, gee...you're making a WWII mod....

That's fine. The point is to show that you can actually so some of the work on your own, and that you're committed.

This actually does sound pretty nice, something like rtcw multiplayer would be awesome.

I always wondered what the beach map would look like in doom3.

Dareitus, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.