Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sinerman

No Launch

Hi,

I would like to report the following issue with Doom 3:

Installation went flawless, but when I want to start the game, the little Id-intro plays at about 1 frame every two seconds, after which the main menu appears.

In this menu the frames drop from about one every two seconds to none at all, at which the cursor wont move anymore either.

Alt+F4 and ctrl-alt-del still work.

I also suppose the Mars immage in the back is not as it is supposed to be. There are no textures visible and it looks only like a black ball with orange/pink lines on it.

Anyway the menu then freezes every single time, I haven't been able to click a menu a single time.

I have absolutely no idea what might be causing the problem, since as far as I know and checked i have the most recent drivers and directx 9c.

Also my computer meets the min. criteria.

Online, in the fora etc. nobody seems to have had the exact same problem.

I don't think anything is broken since UT2004 runs perfectly...

I tried the installation three times already, on different harddisks.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Specs:
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/22/2004, 13:19:29
Machine name: SVW-PC
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)
Language: English (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.0
Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2000+, ~1.7GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 219MB used, 1031MB available
Windows Dir: F:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

Audigy Platinum
Geforce 4Ti4600

No clue. All I can recommend is updating graphics drivers, maybe monitor drivers. I hate to say reformat your computer, but that probably won't work either. You're processor meets the bare mininum required, but your graphics card is a little bit iffy. It should be fine though, because I've seen others play with that card and it's never caused any problems like this.

My best guess is to rollback your DirectX drivers to v. 9.0b, I use them and have no problem.

I have absolutely no clue then.

If you bought your computer from a PC retail company (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) you could call them for tech-support. If you custom built it, which I believe you did, then I have no clue what to say.

Best of luck, and I hope you can start Dooming soon!

Let's hope for a decent reply from the UK support. If not, I'll have to hope for the patch to help me out...

Thx anyway!