Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhobosKosmos

DOOM 3.2 !

i really feel that they need to come out with a new doom 2 game like doom 2 on the doom 3 engine. like a MOD or something...maybe not by id but by someone...

it seems like we are missing out on something...

umm i think too sets of ppl are working on mods both called "Hell on Earth" ... i get the feeling one is more of a reenvisioning of D2 and the other is more of a continuation of Doom 3... umm yeah

if you read carefully, many people are talking about it
theres even one huge site that is working on a complete mod, removing doom 3 feactures and adding others
like no reload on old guns, no overcharge on the BFG, the imps not leaping or jumping...etc..etc..

I'd have to say of the original Doom games(Ultimate, Doom 2, and Final.) That Doom 2 was the greatest of them. Final Doom was a bit odd and Ultimate was great. But I enjoyed Doom 2 because of the edition of the double barrel shotgun. What I think someone needs to do is take the old Doom 2 game and make the graphics way better, sort of like how they have the Half-Life 2 engine can take Half-Life 1 maps and convert it to HL2. I think they should be able to converty Doom 2 to Like Doom 3 graphics. I know its a bit of a fat-fetched idea and there is no way in hell it could happen. But oh well. Its a big dream.

Personally, I think there should be a mod that re-integrates Trent Reznor's sounds for this game. And I'd like to see a mod that makes the monsters colored more like the Doom and Doom 2 versions.

*watches deathbringer twitch*

deathbringer said:

THATS WHAT SOME PEOPLE ARE DOING IF YOU WOULD READ STUFF!

!YOU DONT NEED TO USE CAPS!

IF YOU WERE TO LOOK AND SEE THAT OTHERS ALREADY WROTE THE SAME THING YOU DID THEN INSTED OF BEING AN ASS YOU COULD HAVE JUST POSTED SOME LINKS!!!

SCREAM!!!

ok now that ive got that taken care of, lets move on...

i have seen that people are doing CONVERSIONS of the originals but what i ment more was something like the half-life mods where there was blue shift and op-for, CS etc...not just a conversion (which are also cool...done by a company and officialy released,

i have seen some conversion mods but feel free to post some links

cdoom.arqz.com/

(thanks to those who whern't assholes ;) )

PhobosKosmos said:

ok now that ive got that taken care of, lets move on...

i have seen that people are doing CONVERSIONS of the originals but what i ment more was something like the half-life mods where there was blue shift and op-for, CS etc...not just a conversion (which are also cool...done by a company and officialy released,

i have seen some conversion mods but feel free to post some links

cdoom.arqz.com/

(thanks to those who whern't assholes ;) )

SO you want something the same but different right? LIke Half Life and Doom 3 done in some sort of conversion by the company themselves so it'a all official? But something totally different then what everyone else is doing that doesn't work for id or for who the f@$# ever done Half Life valve I think? *shrug* like I ever cared about HL

ZiGZaG said:

SO you want something the same but different right? LIke Half Life and Doom 3 done in some sort of conversion by the company themselves so it'a all official? But something totally different then what everyone else is doing that doesn't work for id or for who the f@$# ever done Half Life valve I think? *shrug* like I ever cared about HL

nononnoonoononoono...

after half-life (made by Valve) came out, Gearbox came out with other MODS for half-life like Blue-Shift and Opposing Force. These where Oficially released.

it would be good if a company oficialy endorced by ID came out with a doom 2 mod. (like you could go to the store and buy it in a box...

Moved to maps and mods.

How about some discussion on HOW this could be done instead of "Lol that wud be kewl if someone did that"

PhobosKosmos said:

it would be good if a company oficialy endorced by ID came out with a doom 2 mod. (like you could go to the store and buy it in a box...

So we can pay more hard earned money for something "official" that would basically be "free" by other groups trying to mod and do the same thing you are refering to?

ZiGZaG said:

So we can pay more hard earned money for something "official" that would basically be "free" by other groups trying to mod and do the same thing you are refering to?

yes...lol

so it wont be hella buggy and Id will look it over and say if it meets the doom standards.

and it just looks better that way.....

sethsez said:

Personally, I think there should be a mod that re-integrates Trent Reznor's sounds for this game. And I'd like to see a mod that makes the monsters colored more like the Doom and Doom 2 versions.

*watches deathbringer twitch*

Look at my mod. :)

Fragger said:

Look at my mod. :)

Avoid spamming in every thread for promotion. If you wanna talk about your OWN mod, start a short and informative thread.

Fragger said:

2 posts is spamming? whoa!
I'm an uber-spammer!

Welcome to DW's moderated forums. Anticipation is the key to avoid problems.

Thing is, I just replied to people who were asking for it. Take a look. It's not like I went around spamming every thread. One guy asked for a mod like mine and I replied. another guy is making skins like mine and I replied. Nice welcome for a new member. :/

Mancubus II said:

Moved to maps and mods.

How about some discussion on HOW this could be done instead of "Lol that wud be kewl if someone did that"

your icon rules, what is the name of the program you use to make them?