Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenaero

Trites and odd blood colors?

Notice how when you have decals on and you hit a trite, it leaves red blood splattered on the floor. But when you kill it, it explodes in a bunch of green juice. Isn't that a bit strange? o_O

They might work on it over time, but until then I think a majority of players can deal with it.

It doesn't have to be blood. They could just have green juices in their body. Stomach acid, spit, etc..

But, I wish that they would just burn away like all the other demons.

i hate when people nitpick about stupid stuff like this. NO game is gonna be perfect! it can be overlooked, what about in quake3 killing "bones" gave blood and gibs. despite the fact his was a walking skeleton

S1lent said:

But, I wish that they would just burn away like all the other demons.

How can you even want MORE monsters to die that stupid way? I wish they had sticked to the old death sequences of the cacodemon and stuff.

Topic: It´s similar with the Vulcans of Star Trek. They do have green blood but their skin color is often only poorly shaded in green.

Sephiroth said:

i hate when people nitpick about stupid stuff like this. NO game is gonna be perfect! it can be overlooked, what about in quake3 killing "bones" gave blood and gibs. despite the fact his was a walking skeleton

I always pretended that Bones is really a man with see through skin :P

All I can say is thank God the monsters dissapear after death. I'd be getting one FPS while fighting the Cyberdemon if they didn't.

Deathmatcher said:

How can you even want MORE monsters to die that stupid way? I wish they had sticked to the old death sequences of the cacodemon and stuff.

Topic: It´s similar with the Vulcans of Star Trek. They do have green blood but their skin color is often only poorly shaded in green.

Because teh way they die is cool... They freakin burn man. Rather than some stupid little explosion where they pop like the zits from your acne on your back :P

Well I don´t find the burn animation this bad. But I would have liked if just one or two monsters had died that way. In the original Doom, every monster dies a unique way. I miss this a bit in Doom3, as all the demons die the same way.

they have to burn up for performance reasons.

If all their bodies stayed around, the game would become very slow.

Technician said:

If id programmed and drew every detail in the game it would be over 10 gigs and wouldn't be released til next year.

I agree you people get to fucking picky for a game.

Deathmatcher said:

Well I don´t find the burn animation this bad. But I would have liked if just one or two monsters had died that way. In the original Doom, every monster dies a unique way. I miss this a bit in Doom3, as all the demons die the same way.

The burn animation is awesome I agree, but all the monsters in Doom died the same way. They fell down and died. :)

Anyway the burn animation is awesome because It's an effect I had never seen before in a game. Burning cinders. It's freaking awesome in the same way that the pixel shaders simulate heat/gas distortion the first time you see it.

Namco said:

The burn animation is awesome I agree, but all the monsters in Doom died the same way. They fell down and died. :)

The Doom monsters make cool unique sounds when they die, like the Cacodemon´s blblblbl or the almost elephantish sound of the Baron. Also, you see the monster´s guts coming out of their body in a different way, the Cyberdemon kinda explodes, the lost souls blow up and so on..

Namco said:

Anyway the burn animation is awesome because It's an effect I had never seen before in a game. Burning cinders. It's freaking awesome in the same way that the pixel shaders simulate heat/gas distortion the first time you see it.

I agree. The burn and fade animation is pretty cool. I like the thought of a demon's death as sending it back to hell where it belongs. ;)

Sephiroth said:

what about in quake3 killing "bones" gave blood and gibs. despite the fact his was a walking skeleton

id needed something to make fun of. (See Bones' description in the manual)

Heh, I remember similar complaints being raised when Mortal Kombat 2 was still new. The two cyborgs bled when hit, despite being inorganic. Later versions of the arcade game changed it to black "oil".

Amaster said:

Heh, I remember similar complaints being raised when Mortal Kombat 2 was still new. The two cyborgs bled when hit, despite being inorganic. Later versions of the arcade game changed it to black "oil".

You mean 3, Cyrax and Sektor were not in MKII.

Verdale said:

Hey, let's get back on-topic here.

Doom 3 isn't anyway related to Mortal Kombat.

Point being that companies do listen to minor critiscisms and id may actually change the color later on.

Technician said:

If id programmed and drew every detail in the game it would be over 10 gigs and wouldn't be released til next year.

You relize that would of probably taken someone at id all of ten minutes to fix this problem?

Step 1:Apply hue map to normal blood splat
Step 2:Assign that splat to Trite.

When you batter skeletons in doom 3 you get splattering blood as well...

Which is one thing i dont get, a skeleton has WAY more polys than a normal dead body/a zombie you have killed, but if you try and test out the physics engine by battering them about, they vanish after about two hits with a flashlight...

Technician said:

That’s a little exaggerated.

Mr. Chris said:

Their blood reminds me of the Aliens colored blood

They didn't have blood, they had concentrated acid.

Verdale said:

They didn't have blood, they had concentrated acid.

Close enough, acid blood.