Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KLittle123

After beating the game.

I just wanted to know what some of you people thought about doom 3 after you finished the game. Now that I finished it. I think im more obsessed with it than when I was playing it and the final boss was very kick ass to face. I was just wandering what some of you thought.

It was good, but I felt it could have been longer. And I thought the Cyberdemon was a joke, I didn't believe that he was the final boss. I was like "Okay, Cyberdemon's done, now what?" and then the Hellgate blew up and I just sat there in shock for the rest of the ending movie. I was quite pissed off a what little of a challenge that boss was.

yes he was a joke but you have to admit he looked kick ass. but the blood squirting out sound there for a minute sorta made me crack up because it sounded so cheesy.

I'd actually got a little bored with the game after returning from Hell, so I was kind of relieved despite the ending.

But anyway, my final thoughts were that it's a good game, just nothing great.

I was elated (because I now I finally knew that the story did not suck), excited and eager to play the game again.

But I was disappointed about the cyberdemon. He looks absolutely kickass, but it sucks that he's so easy to beat. Once I realized how the arena layout was, it was a walk in the park to smack him.

I didn't mind that he was invulnurable to anything but the soul cube as much, but I really wish his rockets had been harder to dodge; he should've been aiming at the ground and attempting to predict roughly where you'd go (but not too accurately, otherwise he'd have been extremely frustrating to fight).

Nah, the one thing that made him remotely difficult was the performance drop I experienced during the boss fight - very damn disorienting.

If there is an expansion pack made, I sorta hope Cybie will return in a more vulnerable form (i.e. you can kill him with other weapons than just the soul cube) - the D3 cybie could be the lord of the cyberdemons and the only one who was "invulnerable" :-P

Shaviro said:

Well. Maybe the "hellhole" had a "hellish" effect on him! :P

Heh well, the soul cube did say they were the only way to defeat "Hell's mightiest warrior".

'Mightiest warrior' my ass :-P

He would have been if you didn't have the soulcube. You would have just been going in circles in the arena until the Cybie ran out of stamina and Hell couldn't spawn anymore imps and maggots.

What would have made that boss much!!! better imo. Would be if that the hell hole would actually spawn any enemy from the game out (minus bosses) then it would have been a challenge and much more like doom 2's final boss. Plus wouldn't you had hated hell knights, mancs and arch viles climbing out, i know i would.

i think that the game was great overall, but i have yet to come back to it after beating it. the urge is there a little bit though. maybe soon ill play it through on nightmare, which will be new and shocking to me because i have no idea what nightmare will be like. i think the game was too easy, though. i played it on marine. the only enemies that seemed to do damage were the trites, when there were like 4 of em together.

Ok, just beat it last night (took more time than I liked with my shitty schedule). Well the game was awesome, worth the wait and man it looked incredible on my 6800 GT. It will be a game to last a long time. Now I have a few thoughts.

1) Boss battles. Was it just me or the boss battles not really that hard? I played on Marine and I think I should have played on Verteran but I thought the game would be incredibly hard. The real disappointment was the Cyberdemon. He was awesome, it was a nice idea of a last fight, just to damn easy.

2) There has been comments on no Spidermastmind or the mechanical spiders. Well when I got to the end of the game I saw these spiders that had telekenetic powers and really were tough, but not a boss. I had never seen that on any site. Did ID replace the Spidermastermind with the first boss and the mechanical spiders with these smaller counterparts? I think so.

3) Deruger(sp?). In the end he is "part of" that dragon. Now is he dead like "well the doomguy beat us so you are toast" or is it that he just evolved to that dragon and is ready to take it out on earth in a later installment?

Just a some things I though of. Comments?

It was enjoyable, I played on Marine because I didn’t know what to expect and I figured if I did increase the difficulty it would only prolong the game, making it more tedious and laborious.

I’m not a Doom fan or horror based game fan, I played because of Dooms novelty and that is was essentially the first FPS I’d seen or played so there was a lot of nostalgia. I can be a lazy gamer and I felt it was right on pace with what I was looking for, though most probably found it easy, which in a way it was, but I’m a casual player so it fit my style pretty well.

Perhaps it could have been a little more diverse. In my untrained opinion it seemed rushed for some reason as though not a lot of thought were put into strategy or level transition. I found standard encounters nearly as challenging if not more challenging than the boss monsters.

sandmanfvr said:

A bunch of stuff with spelling errors and typos all over.

#1.) It wasn't just you, all the bosses were pretty easy. The only boss that my Doom guy even broke a sweat in, was with the Guardian, besides that, they were a sinch.

#2.) I don't think the trites or vagaries (I think that's what they're called) replaced the Arachnotrons or the Spider Mastermind, I just think they didn't want to implement them in this game, and we might see then in Doom IV (if they aren't there, I will burn down id software's building) once again. I just think they didn't put the Arachnotrons in Doom III, because a lot of the areas were very enclosed and their plasma rifles would have wasted the poor Doom marine. Hopefully, Doom IV is more open like Doom II, and will have the Spider Mastermind and the Archnotrons.

#3.) Dr. Malcom Bertruger's existence at the end of Doom III is unknown. We don't know if he became that "dragon", or if the "dragon" ate his soul, or what it represents. But I doubt he will be back in Doom IV.

Now, we don't know that for sure. There's still a 0.01 chance that Doom IV will be made! It may be take a few centuries, but it will be here sometime at least.

I was dissapointed at how easy the CyberDemon was (as was almost everyone else, apparently), but it was good enough to make me want to start playing through the game again the next day. Not many newer games make me do that. Once I beat a game, I usually stop playing them for an extended period of time (say, 2-3 months, sometimes more).

Verdale said:

Now, we don't know that for sure. There's still a 0.01 chance that Doom IV will be made! It may be take a few centuries, but it will be here sometime at least.

Wrong. There's an 0.0000000000000000001 % chance that Doom 4 will be made.
Id has already stated that their next game will be a new IP (intellectual property), meaning no Wolfenstein game, no Quake game, and absolutely NO Doom game.

But they're most likely getting a third-party developer to use Id's concepts and cut monsters/weapons/graphics to do a neato add-on pack and that could be as good as a Doom IV.

sandmanfvr said:

Ok, just beat it last night (took more time than I liked with my shitty schedule). Well the game was awesome, worth the wait and man it looked incredible on my 6800 GT. It will be a game to last a long time. Now I have a few thoughts.

1) Boss battles. Was it just me or the boss battles not really that hard? I played on Marine and I think I should have played on Verteran but I thought the game would be incredibly hard. The real disappointment was the Cyberdemon. He was awesome, it was a nice idea of a last fight, just to damn easy.

2) There has been comments on no Spidermastmind or the mechanical spiders. Well when I got to the end of the game I saw these spiders that had telekenetic powers and really were tough, but not a boss. I had never seen that on any site. Did ID replace the Spidermastermind with the first boss and the mechanical spiders with these smaller counterparts? I think so.

3) Deruger(sp?). In the end he is "part of" that dragon. Now is he dead like "well the doomguy beat us so you are toast" or is it that he just evolved to that dragon and is ready to take it out on earth in a later installment?

Just a some things I though of. Comments?

You have a 6800 GT. Im jealous...you suck...

Makes me pissed that newbs like that get all the good lookin' shit and us hardcore fans have to run it on low.

I was most excited with my first play through the game, which definitely kept me hooked, but that eventually leveled off by the end... mostly because of my disappointment with the later boss encounters and, of course, the realization that it's all over. My second time through kept me entertained because I ended up finding pdas, video disks, and cabinet codes that I had somehow missed the first time through.

After that, though, the game is no longer on my HD. Multiplayer is a snooze-fest and the adventure of single player will be over until some quality levels/mods get released. I also felt it necessary to free up the HD space because, with the unpacking tweak, I was looking at +3.5 gigs.

I'm going to give Painkiller another run with the new hardware I got for this game, though. :)

Verdale said:

Makes me pissed that newbs like that get all the good lookin' shit and us hardcore fans have to run it on low.

Excuse me, noob? I played the original Doom games in DOS. I am 26, about to get my BS in Computer Science and have a nice job. Don't be jealous cause some work their ass off and can get things. Plus ever heard of financing? Bestbuy has 6 months same as cash on the 6800 GT so I got it. I am not a noob/newb, you are just a whiney little bitch that needs to shut up and stop ragging on others cause you can't afford something. (No I don't think I am better than others, but I do work hard and if I can buy something, then I can. Deal with it.)

That doesn't mean Doom 4 will be any closer to being released...or even started on.