Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

Doom 3 is dark how bout this...

I've been at work the past few days and in the job I'm in I'm surround by several tv's so I have one on G/tech tv and they had a show on games, one show was on Doom 3 with some call in stuff blah blah blah. Another show I saw just Sunday night was about other games coming out. Me and a buddy was sitting here doing our job and checking out the show, when we both sort of looked at each other, I spoke up and said "all these games coming out or already out are DARK!". He said na, it's prolly just the tv, so he goes over to it cranks up the brightness which it was all the way up. Then we turn on the plasma HD tv we have here next to us and watch the show, the games are still dark, some were even using flashlights.

WTF? Why are a majority of the new releases and soon to be released games now all going to the dark side? I told him I'm ready to play some Kirby Adventure in Fun Land or something to get a bright sunny game to play. I think it's wierd. Even when I log in to play my mmorpg's I'm usually logging in when it's night...Getting a little old and going blind playing these dark games.

What games where these? Half-life 2 doesnt seem to have very many dark areas from what i have seen, And STALKER has a day/night cycle so it will only be dark some of the time, though i think it also has a flashlight too for when you need it...

Even FarCry has some pretty bright places, and so will Halo 2... Not that I will ever play either of them.

Splinter Cell 3 is very dark. But Alone in the Dark or Quake were very dark games and these are several years old. And you can still have fun with bright funny games like SIMS 2, nowadays.

Deathmatcher said:

Splinter Cell 3 is very dark. But Alone in the Dark or Quake were very dark games and these are several years old. And you can still have fun with bright funny games like SIMS 2, nowadays.

Splinter Cell 3 is a stealth game its supposed to be dark you don't see some spy jumping across building and walking ontop them in the middle of the day...thats just bad for business...

And Alone in the DARK...gee who would have thought that game would have been dark...not that its in the name or anything...and Quake....Quake is just old.

Just wait until you have a flashlight in RTS games.

Actually my brother was playing some RTS where you could switch off the lights at your base at night and the enemy would have a harder time finding it, at the expense of your resource collectors taking longer to return and dump thier load

and Quake....Quake is just old

He says on DOOMworld