Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QuipFrok

Thy Flesh Consumed

Wasn't this fourth episode a free download for owners of the game?
I had it but can't seem to find it for download anywhere?

Quip

Didn't this episode have an orange sky?

I have the version of Doom on 3.5 diskettes and I'm still sure it was a free download at one time. But I'm old and feeble minded ;-)

Quip

There is a free download that patches Doom v1.9 to Ultimate Doom v1.9, i.e. it adds the fourth episode. Perhaps you mean that.

That's the way I got the fourth episode - but you need a genuine v1.9 version for the patch to work.

So the fourth episode was free of charge? Hmmm... I wish the Master Levels were freely d/l-able... the only thing missing in my collection :(

And yes, the fourth episode does have an orange sky, and is mostly wood/metal/marble based. Also, some of the maps can be a bit hard.

Especially the first one, I'm not able to kill all the monsters on UV. It's too hard.

Use the rocket launcher only against the four Barons that warp in from the NIN room. You should have 12 rockets, so you'll have to get all four Barons together for radius damage. Then you can finish them off with the shotgun. I usually lure the Barons before the gate at the second room, and blast 'em from there.

E4s really fun, lot more challeging than the other three. The scenery looks good too if ya ask me.

At first on UV, the first level does seem hard. But what you have to do is try not to get hit much and try not to waste ammo. And yes it helps a lot if you know where the rocket launcher is, as well as the other secrets.

The second level is fun, at first you have a horde of cacos fling in straight ahead, then imps tossin fireballs. Theres quite a few barons in this level too, and you have to be careful not to fall in the lava pools. Whats also nice is that you can get a free telefrag on the cybie at the top end of the level, who so happens to be next to a BFG :P