Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dark santaclaus

is there gonna be a doom3 (hell on earth) mod?

I am just asking, couse some guys said that they were going to do it and now they say thay are going to make a new one, if anybody knows something about a doom2 mod (with the doom3 engine), answer this please

FP!

Looking at what Carmack said in the G4 Icons video, no. iirc he was talking about making a new idea, seein as RTCW 2 and Quake 4 are under production in other studios. Though, we may be surprised. Id may lend out the license to another company. Only time can tell.

Joe

Edit : Crappy grammar

Chances of an official "Hell on Earth" expansion pack by ID Software: practically 'nil.

Chances of an official "Hell on Earth" expansion pack by some other developer: quite good.

Chances of an unofficial "Hell on Earth" expansion pack by a bunch of fans: exceptionally high (in fact, there'll probably be more than one).

NiGHTMARE said:

Chances of an official "Hell on Earth" expansion pack by some other developer: quite good.

I hope so, I'd love to see that. I already saw a Hell on Earth TC site for Doom 3 yesterday by the way. So there's at least one being made at the moment.

actually I was not talking about an official, just to know if there is a doom2 hell on earth remake with the doom3 engine, i mean, made by a fan...

Disorder said:

I already saw a Hell on Earth TC site for Doom 3 yesterday by the way. So there's at least one being made at the moment.

which one did you see?

dark santaclaus said:

which one did you see?

The one that said "Hell on Earth", heh. I forgot the site's name.

The thing is, the mod team I just showed you all had permission from ID software to do it. Since they're a professional mod team I'm thinking we'll be in for a good mod!

Oh you're right. I didn't know they updated that site already, I think the imp would look a bit better if it had it's mouth open like the original. The mod you posted looks sweet. Can't wait for both!

Joe said:

FP!

Looking at what Carmack said in the G4 Icons video, no. iirc he was talking about making a new idea, seein as RTCW 2 and Quake 4 are under production in other studios. Though, we may be surprised. Id may lend out the license to another company. Only time can tell.

Joe

Edit : Crappy grammar

I actually hope that Id doesn't lend the license out to another company. that would suck. I don't know If I would buy it if it wasn't make by Carmack.

KLittle123 said:

I actually hope that Id doesn't lend the license out to another company. that would suck. I don't know If I would buy it if it wasn't make by Carmack.

The engine is done by Carmack and that would almost certainly stay the same. Just the pk4's etc. that would be different ;)

Heh. Wait you mean all those other people who work at id made the game too? I thought they all just sat around while Carmack did everything.