Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terra-jin

New (Z)DOOM weapons

When ZDOOM .64 comes out, it will hopefully have the ability to create new weapons through DECORATE files. I'd like to hear your opinions on a set of new weapons I would want to implement:

The Super Combat Shotgun:
A rather simple modification of the SSG, this weapon instead delivers 4 shells in a single shot. That makes for 40 pellets. It'd be excellent for battles with several tough monsters, or single Cyberdemons. Perhaps a bit too much for DeathMatch?

The New and Improved Chaingun:
A Chaingun should have a fast firing rate, so I'm thinking of reducing the duration of its firing frames from 4 to 3. IMO, it gives a much nicer feel to the weapon.

The Combat Chaingun:
Basically the weapon of the Spiderdemon, it fires three pellets per shot instead of just one. Might be nice to include it.

The Combat Rocket Launcher:
A monstrous weapons that delivers the rockets in volleys of three, and pumps them out at greater speeds, not only making the rockets harder to avoid, but also more damaging (ExplosionDamage = 192 instead of 128). Perhaps a too powerful weapon?

The New and Improved Plasma Rifle:
I've made a DeHackEd patch once that changed the speed of the plasma bullet from 20 to 50. Makes for a nice DM weapon.

The BFG 2704:
It's name is derived from the DOOM Bible, and it's workings are similar to a rocket launcher. The BFG 2704's ball traces are produces from the view of the explosion itself, and expand in every direction instead of the normal cone of the 9000 version. Makes for a very bad close-combat weapon :P

The BFG 10K:
Identical in many ways to its counterpart from Quake 3, this weapon acts like a much more massive rocket launcher. The BFG ball from this weapon doesn't have traces that scan the vicinity, but rather has a very large Exp. Radius, and great Exp. Damage.

That's it. Some of these ideas aren't mine originally, but I would like to implement them all. If it's allright, maybe I'll make a package for /newstuff...

But first, please tell me what you think.

Terra-jin said:
The BFG 10K:
Identical in many ways to its counterpart from Quake 3, this weapon acts like a much more massive rocket launcher. The BFG ball from this weapon doesn't have traces that scan the vicinity, but rather has a very large Exp. Radius, and great Exp. Damage.

That's it. Some of these ideas aren't mine originally, but I would like to implement them all.

That one certainly isn't, as it's the Hellraiser from Nimrod.

Some weapons like the Super Combat Shotgun sound quite nice. I would call it quatro-barreled Shotgun (Saw that in a bad horror movie).

Some weapons seem to be way overpowered, though. I think this arsenal wouldn´t be very well balanced. You should consider skipping the Combat Rocket Launcher and one of the BFGs, IMO.

What about the super shotgun with controlable barrel fire. Click the fire button once and it fires the left barrel, click again and the right barrel would fire. If you held down fire the would both go off one after another in quick succession. If it's possibly with .64.

You should put zoom on the pistol or some sort of sniper rifle. ^.^;

Oh, and we need a flamethrower that sets people on fire. That'd be Kick-Azz™.

I made a Dehacked patch once that replaced every weapon with the standard chaingun, upped all the monster's hitpoints, boosted the firerate (I changed the ticks to 1 and 2) and ammo as much as possible, and just rocked on.

It was great. Too bad I lost it in a crash. I should really make another.

Demon Hunter said:

Some one should make the chain gun fire shot gun rounds

You can do that in about 5 seconds with DeHackEd by changing a code pointer for the chaingun frames :P