Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pilottobombadier

Weapons in Doom mods

Hey all, what weapons in Doom mods would you a) like to see, b)NOT want to see, c)think should be in every mod?

Me personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a nuclear warhead weapon, or some kind of freeze ray that ACTUALLY freezes. Weapons I would NOT like to see are really stupid things, like crosses and peace symbols. And I think that the ALiens Pulse Rifle and Smartgun should be in EVERY mod...so should a minigun :P

If you play as the mage in Hexen, you can freeze things. OK, it's still not doom, but it's a bit closer. With some source ports moving towards/already supporting Hexen, it might be a simple hack, for those that know how, to make it work in doom.

To complete the effect, frozen enemy sprites and so on would be needed too. Or perhaps some way of using the grey colours in the palette to make them look icy using the existing sprites.

Mind you, I'm no programmer, so what would I know?

Preferably some weapons that don't replace other weapons, but add on to them, like SkullTag and how it has #6 as plasma rifle and rail gun. The big thing for guns is strategy and diversity. The guns should be very different from each other. And for the pure killing pleasure of some of us, it might be enjoyable to see a quadruple barrel shotgun and a double barrel chaingun.

Me personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a nuclear warhead weapon

Two Words: UAC Resurrecion.