Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

jobs we hate

well i have had a few jobs that were plain disgusting. An i have known people who have worked in worse places.

anyway I once said i would help a firend tear down the bathroom he was going to remake. so here is alittleabut the guy. while not very clean person he also has started useing dip, like chewing tobacco. I warned him not to use it around me as it makes me sick, both the site of it and smell aswell as the nast nasty byproduct. what i didnt know was he even dipped when taking a shower, thus spitting the foul shit all over the bath tub and bathroom walls. i walk in to get hit in the face by the foul mucus stinch of the spit and to the sight of walls and a tub incrusted with it. I instantly puked and quite, i told him i would only help if he totaly cleaned up the spit and gave me an extra 200. i helped him rebuild but not in the tear down.

another was the job of the next door family. behind us use to live a bully, who would beat kids when we first moved here. in the end we showed the bully how to break legs with a bat, his legs. this kid was violent and carried a knife so the bat was needed. shortly after moving a new family moved into his home only to find a nice surprise. not only was this bully insane but his family also had serious issues. they were avid devil worshippers and heavy drug addicts. there were 2 rooms where they did their worshipping. 1 was a bed room and the other was the attic. the attic was filled with books about the dark arts, drawings, ramblings of drug addics, needles and several dead animals. animals were mainly rodents but three cats were found. also there where chicken bones everyware. the other room was just horrid. vomit, blood and poop was smeared on the wall. A large pile of dead birds was on the floor over a penegram. They also had bones in every register in the house, and even in the walls. the master bedroom had a secret compartment filled with bongs, needles, crack viles and even a few patches of LSD.

needless to say the family never held an open house, or they somhow kept the vomit room off limits. The former owners were tracked down and sued for 15,000 dollars for damages. they also recieved additional charges on damages and animal crulety.

Working at Hardee's was hell. Hell and back. I'd try to describe it but, somehow, words seem far too inadequate for such atrocities.

Yeah. My mom always gives me jobs to do that I end up hating. Partly because I'm not too fond of working with others, especially when it comes to physical labor. But also because of how she is. Never plans, and always thinks it'll take a "short time".

A good example is when we redid the wooden overhang-thing over our back porch. She said, "Yeah, it'll take us about a week or two." It actually took about three months to do, partly because of bad planning, and partly because it was just going to take a long time.

And now we're redoing our bathroom. What would have been a simple one weekend project has now been going on for three weeks, making me not only miss homework assignments, but also time with friends (which I don't have too much of anyway).

And she wonders why I act "grouchy" whenever she asks me to do something.

Working at my parents' greenhouse is Sooo boring! Plants, plants and more plants, and more boringness... Oh, did I mention the place was boring :p? It's just so boring in there, not even drawing pictures take the boringness from the greenhouse.

Working in a grocery store, and having to clean up after some kids who thought it would be funny to put an entire roll of toilet paper (still on the roll, thankfully) in the crapper and take a dump on top of it.

IMJack said:

Working in a grocery store, and having to clean up after some kids who thought it would be funny to put an entire roll of toilet paper (still on the roll, thankfully) in the crapper and take a dump on top of it.

Lovely, absolutely lovely.

IMJack said:

...thought it would be funny to put an entire roll of toilet paper (still on the roll, thankfully) in the crapper and take a dump on top of it.

That reminds me of a time when I was sharing a caravan with a complete nutcase who genuinely believed that the best way to unblock the toilet was to stuff lots of toilet paper down it "to increase the pressure".

Fortunately, I've never had to do any disgusting jobs, though my level of job satisfaction varied from time to time, especially before I started my own company.

Jobs dealing with the public suck because people suck. I'd rather do manual labor jobs than deal with another angry/idiot customer. If I ever got rich, I'd go work for a movie theater again and then hop the counter as soon as an angry customer tried to intimidate me. I'd pull off my tie and say "This is your lucky day, sir. I'm quitting this job just so I can see what it's like to plant my foot up a customer's ass!". I'd have to spend a night or two in jail, but I guarantee you that person will have a new understanding and respect for other human beings. Either that or he'll at least think twice about being an idiot instead of not thinking at all.

I worked in a restaurant from October until tonight. I quit tonight because I've gone back to my summer job part time until April when I get off school and work full time from April-September. Let me tell you, being a dishwasher SUCKS. Work weekend nights, make shitty pay, smell like crap after work, your wet from the water, and cold and miserable. Also there's no fresh air just the smell of deep fried everything all night. I will NEVER work in a restaurant again. My summer job is working in a stone and brick yard. I've done it the past 3 years, and it's awesome. I work with kickass people compared to the immature highschool morons at the restaurant (I'm in college btw). It's pretty sweet ass work, not too hard at all and I make $16/hour (compared to $6.85 at the restaurant), don't work weekends, work monday to friday 8-5 and saturday morning 8-noon, work outside so I get fresh air and a nice tan. Get paid every week direct deposit as well. Works out to about 50 hours a week and about $700 a week after taxes taken off. Can anyone say absolute top end PC in May? I can :)

FirebrandX said:

Alientank, what exactly are your duties at the brick yard? I might look into something like that myself...

Well I drive a forklift to load trucks, move skids of brick and stone around, as well as a front end loader for loading gravel into bins for shipping, etc. I work for Patene building supplies. Most brick yards will pay you (if your in college, or 18 or older) pretty damn good pay, as you can see in my case. You also load trucks for shipping as well. Skids of bricks, masonry, stone, tiles, bins of A-gravel, pea gravel, chips and dust, etc. You won't have to wear a hardhat depending on the company (I don't). You get dirty with dust, masonry dust, etc; but that's alright, because you don't have to be clean when you handle anything! I handle customer orders. For example Joe Blow comes in and wants 3 bags of masonry, just put them in his car/truck. Pretty easy stuff basically, but you do lift heavy things time to time, and also your hands will get roughed up but not very bad. Most people will say to wear gloves but they get in the way more then anything else. I think it is definately an awesome summer job. You get off work at a good time, and still got time to have dinner and go out with buddies after. Also, you get a good tan and a good workout. I'd check with Lafarge, they're the worlds biggest cement company. You'd be doing work like what I do, and good pay.