Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

Doom 3 for Xbox

It will have multiplayer, so I would assume so. Would be very silly to leave it out, IMO.

Doom 3 for X-Box also includes a Co-Operative mode. That's probably the only thing that could possibly prevent this port from being a total shitfest. The graphics look horrible (compared to even Doom 3 on PC at Low Quality), there is some very noticable lag in the X-Box Doom 3 trailer, and the levels have also been dumbed down quite a bit.

Of course, for those who can't afford a computer fast enough to run Doom 3, this is a good choice, I suppose

basicly here is an Xbox
733Mhz PIII CPU
geforce 3/4 graphics and 64MB memmory (aswell as its swap, i am sure it uses the hardrive for that.)

so a dumbed down version. i dont think it will be too bad. and yes it will have Xbox live support, why wouldn't it? any new online tyope game does.

According to ID. It most likely won't be coming out until next year...probably in march or april. It's a ways away.

S1lent said:

According to ID. It most likely won't be coming out until next year...probably in march or april. It's a ways away.

I thought it was coming out in November.

Anyway,That sucks.Halo 2 will already be out for the Xbox.

Nope. They said not to expect a holiday release this year. They said that it's taking them longer than they had originally thought.

Halo 2 is coming out Nov. 9 though!

PAinkiller for xbox might tide you over. If your down for unscripted kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out, old-school gameplay, that is.

AgentSpork said:

Doom 3 for X-Box also includes a Co-Operative mode. That's probably the only thing that could possibly prevent this port from being a total shitfest. The graphics look horrible (compared to even Doom 3 on PC at Low Quality), there is some very noticable lag in the X-Box Doom 3 trailer, and the levels have also been dumbed down quite a bit.

Of course, for those who can't afford a computer fast enough to run Doom 3, this is a good choice, I suppose

yeah I agree I've seen the pics of the Xbox Doom 3 screenshots and they look like serious shit..yes I know that they're pics but they look really trashy...I think that Doom 3 should stay solo on computer not only because of the graphics being sucky on Xbox but just because PC Rules and Consoles are a cheap piece of crap that everytime a new one comes out it turns more and more into a computer...

Well, yo also have to consider the technology that the XBOX still contains... I mean, how old is it? 4 years old? It's about the same as a 4 year old computer that has never been updated.

Sephiroth said:

basicly here is an Xbox
733Mhz PIII CPU
geforce 3/4 graphics and 64MB memmory (aswell as its swap, i am sure it uses the hardrive for that.)

I didn't realize the XBox was so slow. Silly Billy Gates. Stop making money and fix your software!

Speaking of Halo, it was a horrible PC FPS. I don't like console's but I did get a copy of Halo for PC after a friend of mine just raved about the Xbox version for months and months. I played about half way through and uninstalled it. If that's the best FPS Xbox or any other console has to offer I'll pass thanks...

Verdale said:

October 26 is the expected release date as of now™.

lol. It was the release date as of before Doom 3 PC came out. Read something more recent. Like this month's issue of PC gamer with the Doom Guy or Hell Knight on the front. Thats where I found out anyways.

ZiGZaG said:

Speaking of Halo, it was a horrible PC FPS. I don't like console's but I did get a copy of Halo for PC after a friend of mine just raved about the Xbox version for months and months. I played about half way through and uninstalled it. If that's the best FPS Xbox or any other console has to offer I'll pass thanks...

Man, I loved Halo for the PC. One of the best FPS's I've ever played. Probably the third best single player under Doom 3 and Half Life. I can't wait until Halo 2 for the PC. Too bad it's going to be at least a year until it hits the PC. While Microsoft didn't want concurrent development of the 2 as id did with Doom 3, the year will be a lot of time for it not to be a simply hack job of a port, but turn Halo 2 into a true PC FPS as they did with Halo.

Also, Nothing can beat the mouse keyboard combo, as well as the graphics of Doom 3 for the PC, and the surround sound out of my Sound Blaster Audigy 2, and the higher resolutions with higher refresh rate, higher FPS. I mean who in their right mind would pick a console shooter over a PC one. I ask you who?