Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

Doom 3 for PS/2?

First of all, the X-Box port for Doom 3 hasn't even been released yet. Next, the PS2's shitty processor and graphics card comes nowhere close to even being able to run Doom 3 on even the lowest graphic detail. Last, this question has been answered many times before, try using the search button, or maybe using a search engine like Google.

So in one word.

No.

PS3 maybe, PS2 no.
the PS2 is too shity for doom III, personly i am surprised there is going to be an Xbox port.
also the will be no gamecube port, yes people ask this at work all the time. is there a doom III for PS2, will half-life 2 be on PS2?
the PS2 is the oldest console now out.

as for the Xbox port it looks to be a next year release. however i would not dout it if MS bumps it up as an Xbox II project. i dont really care cause it is gonna suck compared to the PC version.

X-Box has something equivalent to a 866 MHz processor, yet contains a marvelous "rip-off" of the NVidia GeForce FX 5900 256 MB. So, it can handle the graphics, but not with its crappy processor, which is why they have to tone down Doom 3. If I remember correctly, the PS2 has something equivalent to a 566 MHz processor and an almost identical graphics card as an NVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB.

Infer for yourself if Doom 3 will run on a PS2.

If you're so down on the PS2, why're you so interested in a possible Doom 3 port for it?

Doom 3 for PS2 would be a Joke.If it was for PS3 that thats another story.I dont hate PS2 but the PS2 graphic capabilitys are shit.Just take a look at Max Payne 2 for PS2.

DoomDan said:

but the PS2 graphic capabilitys are shit.Just take a look at Max Payne 2 for PS2.

...then again, see Metal Gear 2 or 3. Or Ghost Hunter, Silent Hill 3, 4...

Its only the way to program/use the actual capabilities. But you know its easy to make a crap conversion than make a new engine....

It could be hard, but can be done. But why to play a FPS on a console?

ZiGZaG said:

If you even read the original post to start this thread you would not have to ask that question. *sigh*

I read part of it but got bored. :P

ZiGZaG said:

Alright then if it's that boring then why even dribble some stupid post in the thread?

Well, this thread is stupid to begin with, seeing as this has been discussed time and time again. Welcome to last year.

ZiGZaG said:

Hahaha whatever seems after a month of being here I'm starting to see the jerks surface and show it's nasty hairy sweaty ass.

Huh?

. and that's all I have to say here anymore, take it easy guys, Doom 3 is a wash until something better comes out, and the rest is always old news...peace.

Verdale said:

X-Box has something equivalent to a 866 MHz processor, yet contains a marvelous "rip-off" of the NVidia GeForce FX 5900 256 MB. So, it can handle the graphics, but not with its crappy processor, which is why they have to tone down Doom 3. If I remember correctly, the PS2 has something equivalent to a 566 MHz processor and an almost identical graphics card as an NVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB.

Infer for yourself if Doom 3 will run on a PS2.

The X-Box has a Geforce 3.

ZiGZaG said:

. and that's all I have to say here anymore, take it easy guys, Doom 3 is a wash until something better comes out, and the rest is always old news...peace.

I'd rather you didn't do that little editing trick of yours in future thanks, it just makes the thread even more pointless.

Closed.