Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Jingles

point of origin - where do you live?

in what country do you live? geographical terrain, climate, events i.e. shootouts, bombings, police chases, church meetings etc, etc,

me im originally from the netherlands but now i live in east colorado which is called the Land of Up Yours and in a little shithole named Geel........ currently i am in Texas however for summer. anyways do tell, share interesting facts.

Deep backwoods of Connecticut. It's like living in a desert, but with trees instead of sand. Nothing interesting for miles on end. Closest thing I can compare to an 'event' would be the paintball/airsoft games I sometimes hold up in the semi-mountainous forest up behind my house. Good place for it, what with all the foliage, stone property-divider walls, and giant rocks and stuff.

Oregon. We have rain, and the largest variety of trees in the country. Also, Mount Hood casts a beautiful sunrise on the right days.

a boring place called Midland, which is 5 miles north of Columbus GA. aint shit.

I live in the United States of America! (That's the country I'm from BTW)

I live somewhere between a couple towns called Silverdale and Bremerton in Washington. Technicaly, I'm closer to Silverdale, but it sucks and my postal code/adress would disagree so nyah. Bremerton was once one of the biggest shipyards during WWII. There was even a song about it. The Missouri was probably the most famous ship to be built here. The town is rather lower class, especialy compared to the holipoli of Silverdale, but its more fun and has a ferry to Seattle, the best city in the USA and arguably the best city in the World (Vancouver is pretty cool to).

The climate here is that of a temperate rainforest. We have aroudn 150 days of rain every year, perhaps more, and I like that just fine. The landscape is rather beutiful: the green trees contrast well with the grey skies, the grey-green of the inlets and bays, and the white mountains which line the eastern and western horizons. The view from my window is rather nice, I can see the Inlet down the hill from me, the other side of the vally (all covered in trees), and at one point Mt. Rainier was visible from my house (though between the growth of trees near my house and the growth of industry in Tacoma, its hard to see :( ).

Anyway, I love it here and never want to leave the area. I actualy have more pride being a Washingtonian than being an American.

On the East Coast of Massachusetts, with lots of old silver mills, uber-polution in the small factory towns surrounding Boston.

I live in the Okanagan in British Columbia, Canada. I used to live in the Vancouver area, but my family beat it out of there in '96 because the lower Mainland is a rathole now.

Childwall, a district of Liverpool a little South East of City Centre, beyond Wavertree. Most locals between the age of 30 and 60 seem to have drink and/or drug problems, we've the usual trouble with teenage gangs, and someone took a shotgun round in the chest a few weeks ago, not 20 metres from my front door.

As for Liverpool itself, it's notorious (at least in the UK) for everything from The Beatles to CreamFields festival (which was this weekend, incidently). Again, considerable crime problems from violence to drugs (watch that Samuel L. Jackson/Robert Carlysle film 'The 51st State' - it's not far from the truth)

The local weather covers almost everything bar heavy snowfall. In the space of a day i've seen blistering heat, hail, drizzle and thunderstorms, with winds going from a gentle breeze to gale force. Bizarre stuff in the middle of summer.

Virtually nothing in terms of religious believers of any kind, at least in this district. Unfortunatly, Catholic Outreach programs tend to view such areas as ripe for the picking, and so embark on some attempted door-to-door conversions (had a great debate with one who made the mistake of calling at our place). There's a COE church a few minutes away, but people just tend to take advantage of it's afterschool childcare programs, which i guess is a good thing for the few working families in the area.

That'll do for now, methinks.

I live in New Brunswick, Canada. It's mostly coastal, and has lots of wilderness.

Allan Legere came from the town I'm living in now... here's the story on him:

ALLAN LEGERE

Once a car salesman outside Ottawa, his name became synonymous with terror in New Brunswick.

A decade ago, Allan Legere, now 53, was found guilty of a mass killing spree that involved the torture, rape and killing of three women and the murder of an elderly Catholic priest. He became known as the "Monster of the Miramichi," the provincial region where he carried out his murderous rampage.

Now securely housed at the SHU, Legere is despised by other inmates who abhor those who have victimized women and children.

The grisly sex slayings of 75-year-old Annie Flam and sisters Donna and Linda Lou Daughney, 45 and 41, as well as the beating death of Rev. James Smith, 69, occurred between May and November 1989.

Legere was loose at the time after escaping prison guards during a visit to a Moncton hospital. He was already serving a life sentence for killing a Miramichi shopkeeper in 1986.

Legere worked as a car salesman in Winchester, south of Ottawa, in the late 1970s, living in a farmhouse in nearby Inkerman. He later returned to his native New Brunswick.

When a jury of six women and five men found him guilty on four counts of murder, Justice David Dickson told them: "I don't usually comment on verdicts ... but let me say this. Don't lose too much sleep over your verdict."

Legere's crime spree during his escape sparked a wave of fear in the area. People who lived alone moved in with family and friends for safety and gun sales increased. Few people went out after dark and Halloween trick-or-treating was cancelled that year.

He managed to escape when he was taken to hospital for treatment of an ear infection. Secured with handcuffs, a body chain and leg shackles, he emerged from a small, private washroom without restraints and waving a homemade knife. Legere was captured seven months later after one of the largest manhunts in Canadian history.

I live in a town called Aberdeen, Washington, 19,000 people or so, about 15 miles from the coast, and about 40 miles west of Olympia. It's wet and cold here all the time, and nothing ever happens here.

The only famous people from here are Kurt Cobain and Chris Novoselic.

I'm a stone's throw away from Lancaster, PA for the time being. But I was born in Brookhaven. We moved to Media when my parents started hearing gunfire during the day.

New Orleans, Louisiana. All the people are asshelmets it's always raining horseshit. I guess the good side is that we have Bourbon Street ;)

Relica Religia said:

I live in the Okanagan in British Columbia, Canada.

I used to live there a few years ago, still deciding whether or not to go back. I'm currently living in the south-east of Kent in the UK.

Where is the tree where a lot of Doom players are in? I forgot its name.

Naples, New York. We have a winery and a grape festival which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors to our tiny-ass town each year. It's a nice place to live, despite being boring as fuck.

Infinite Ammunition said:

Pittsburgh, and we don't have jack shit that's interesting

Anywhere near Monroeville on Teusdays?

Juniper

I mean Jupiter

Jupiter City, Mars

Very peaceful