Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

The /newstuff Chronicles #196

Hi guys, pritch here. So Cyb wondered if anyone else could have a stab at /newstuff, and I said ?Sure, I can do that?, much in the same way as someone in the US army said ?Sure, we can do that? when asked to find Osama Bin Laden. Anyway, hardly the baptism of fire it might have been as there are just two entries this week, and one?s a sort-of re-release. Doom 3 hangover maybe? Oh well.

• Storagedby Julz D
    20kb ? doom2.exe - DM - (img)
    The first DM map in this week is based on a storage area. There is a central arena with standard weapons, not too large with a few crates and a tight corridor that runs around it, with BFG, Plasma Gun and Rocket Launcher accessible via elevator. Spawn spots are well-placed and campers won?t find it easy unless they are determined. There is plenty of opportunity to kill people going for the BFG either from the rocket perch or through the use of a plasma stream along the upper level etc. Overall, a nice little DM map that should prove fast and fair.

• 0verp0wer Weap0nsby Xaser
    284kb - zdoom ? no maps - (img)
    Last week Xaser gave us 0verp0wer weap0ns and this week he gives us? 0verp0wer weap0ns! Well this time they?re just even more 0verp0wered as Xaser still found TNT Lost Episode too hard; I must admit I found it pretty ball breaking myself. The weapons look fairly decent (we?ve seen a lot of the sprites elsewhere before), some more so than others, like the (ridiculously) powerful plasma gun which can kill a Hell Knight inside 2 seconds and the BFG that now acts like a super-railgun (see screenie)? anyway you get the idea.

Damn, 4P
What a rich week!! I should have submitted my maps-at least people could have something to play.

Worst newstuff ever? Heh.

And for the record, I re-released 0verp0wer Weap0ns because the original had ripped Nimrod graphics, which some people didn't appreciate much.

But anyway, there's literally nothing this week for me, since I have 0verp0wered weap0ns already and the other's just a DM map.

However, stay tuned for a HUGE release next week (biggest map evar lolz).

Well it was just typical.

I spent the whole week constantly with the /newstuff window open constantly refreshing it and finally gave up last night at half-past midnight, sent it to Cyb, and went to bed.

Woke up this morning and checked it... four new things! Bah =(

Heh at least next week should not be so bad.

Xaser said:

because the original had ripped Nimrod graphics, which some people didn't appreciate much.

I'm sick of this arguement.
Look, even if my dearest friend would rip graphics from my wad that I spent a lot time on making them and most important-DIDN'T EVEN CREDIT ME I would get pissed as well as Ebola did.
I don't have anything against Xaser, nor his weapon packs, but everywhere on world the creators hold copyrights to their work so if one says-don't use-do NOT use them and breaking this is a simple thief. Why don't You hire a graphic artist next time for weapons?
Being a graphic artist I know how long it can take to make a decent weapon. The time we spent on making them and our effort gives us fullright to decise-wether or not someone should use it.
Sorry for burrying this fire out, but I had to say something. Ebola was right.

This happens sometimes. Just random fluctuations, I guess. Shame that Tolwyn's map didn't get to pritch in time - it's really rather nice.

Nmn: I don't think Xaser was looking to reopen this; I think he was just explaining what had caused him to upload a new version.

crap, what a small /newstuff. all there is is a rerelease of a weapons mod and a deathmatch map *yawn*

So, let me get this straight. If a wad misses The Newstuff Chronicles this week, but is sitting is in /newstuff now, does that mean it will be moved to its appropriate place in the ftp, and totally miss reviewing? Or will the wads that passed through this time by such a small margin be looked up in LAST.7DAYS or something and reviewed the following week? I was never too clear with that.

Just as well, there'll be a Legacy map in the next batch pritch. :p

Grazza said:

This happens sometimes. Just random fluctuations, I guess. Shame that Tolwyn's map didn't get to pritch in time - it's really rather nice.

Thanks for linking that .. an actual SP map this week, wow :p

I gave it a try and it's pretty good. Some of the traps are annoying though.

Rellik said:

Just as well, there'll be a Legacy map in the next batch pritch. :p

Hahaha. We all know how much he loves Legacy ;P

JoelMurdoch said:

Hahaha. We all know how much he loves Legacy ;P

Can't miss a chance to twist the knife a little. :)

Nmn said:

Sucks. Who cares about text files? Even one more map could be better...
Oh well, I guess rules are rules. Can't bend them.

And got rejected again this week along with UAC.ZIP (what a unique name...) because, mostly, no email address. But you'd think after being rejected once, it wouldn't have been uploaded again identically, much less another wad with basically the same unacceptable text file. Good thing I don't judge on time spent making the wad (he even says 20 minutes on one and 30 on the other)--that's the job of TNC :)

The real point of using the template is that everyone can see what they need to know about the file, plus the programs I use to sort the files to the right place work well, and the index here at Doomworld can parse through it too. I have no idea why people think it's so much harder to read the instructions and follow them than it is to upload, be rejected, upload again... :p

Oh, and I had problems connecting to the server until late Saturday, which is why some of the files weren't available. However, they stay in newstuff for 10 days, which should be enough for someone to snag them for TNC the following week.

Ahhh that might well explain it. Thanks for that Ty at least I know there's no anti-pritch conspiracy heh.

Haha, Rellik I hold no grudges against Legacy. That driver reinstall was a long time ago now. I was just venting back then anyway :P

Lüt and I had quite some fun with Legacy coop back in the day, maybe my persistence with running it in OpenGL caused the problem eventually.

pritch said:

at least I know there's no anti-pritch conspiracy heh.

There probably is. Something kept me from being able to log on...

Me too, I think Doomworld's Telefragged server was acting up, Doomworld was down entirely. Heh, I even made a joke over IRC in #NZDR quoting DW being down and dwforums3.wad ;) :P

My WAD also didn't make the Cronicles. I uploaded it to /incoming on Friday evening and wasn't in /newstuff until Saturday. Apparently, Ty had trouble getting in so he couldn't upload recent wad's in /incoming until Saturday, usually too late for t/nc. And before anyone asks, Ty said so on the ZDoom forums.

Nmn said:

stuff

Sorry, I didn't mean to bring this up again. I was just explaining why I had re-uploaded it and everything. And I agree too that Ebola was right, so I went and re-uploaded it with different graphics.