Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

What editors do colored lighting, floor on floor, etc.?

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

I wanna know so I can beat the pants offa you. Actually, just so I can make some cool levels for Doom Legacy.

AFAIK they all do. Really, even WadEd which doesn't seem to support anything at all.

As long as there is a way to use custom linedef linetypes, IE the numbers, you can do it.

Even better if you can set it in a .cfg file, like in WadAuthor or DeePSea

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Ok.... so what files for DeePSea do I need to do all this junk? Sounds sweet.... I mean, the move to floor-on-floor and colored lighting is pretty exciting. We can do a REAL 'Downtown'. Colored lighting = brawls on a disco dancing floor! ....nevermind. But anyway, just answer my question.

I don't exactly know how, I can only do this with WA at the moment (.wcf file, not .cfg - I merely mean a config file of sorts).

Ask around, somebody may have one, or Jack may be able to create one.

Just be polite when you ask ;)

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Just be polite when you ask ;)

Like this: DROP DEM FILES OFF YO' A**, BEFORE I BLAST YOU, MUTHA ***K!

Like this: DROP DEM FILES OFF YO' A**, BEFORE I BLAST YOU, MUTHA ***K!

Yeess maasster.

"Floor on Floor" (you mean over right?) is just following the "rules" of the port. If you need to draw areas literally on top of each other, then turn of the optional merging (press F5 Options, etc) to keep the all those lines separated:) Suggest you turn the options back on when you get done with the section.

"Colored Lighting" - I haven't looked that close at legacy. What does it want?

If it's like ZDOOM or BOOM predefine any special texture names in "F5/Texture/Create ColorMap names". This lets you make up any name(s) you like.

It that's not it, please clarify what is required I can tell you exactly how to do it.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

..aren't there tutorials for these kinda things somewhere?

Coloured Lighting in legacy can be done with Boom colormaps -- unlike Boom, legacy displays them even when you're not standing in that area. I meant to use that for a level, but never did.

I don't know if newer version have some other way, though. But the colormap way is easy enough.