Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KLittle123

IS there any way for a dial up user

I was wandering if there was anyway for a dial up user to somehow play multiplayer. I have a good graphics card and I was wandering if I turned the settings and turned a bunch of crap off if I could play it???

Yeah he's right, bb only... But then again us BB users experience incredible lag so 56k users would probably be killed before they spawn. :)

this game is not for dialup users. the days of online gaming with dialup are over, i think. unless you play older games.

i am willing to bet that HL2 will also only support broadband. a fact that will disappoit many a fanboy

Sephiroth said:

this game is not for dialup users. the days of online gaming with dialup are over, i think. unless you play older games.

i am willing to bet that HL2 will also only support broadband. a fact that will disappoit many a fanboy

Yes I got the point after two people said it...

I too know the pain of 56k. I would have better connection but its not available where I live. I just hope some one comes out with a bot mod.

mmm.... maybe you can play other deathmatch games. DooM 3 is nothing spectacular in deathmatch. Play Quake2, is the same. Also, it has good bots.

UT2k4 doesn't need to deal with physics and world calculations. Its world is a lot more "static" than Doom 3s, hence the lower requirement.

I once read that DOOM 3 sends 8 times as much information over the wire as Quake III. This type of workload would be right next to impossible, I'd guess, for a 56k modem.

It seems so retarded that they spent so much time optimising the engine to run well on older hardware and then ditched dialup support. I really don't see what the fuck that 8x more data that its sending is.

You speak like it's an evil conspiracy. If they could have made it dial-up compatible they would have... I mean, there's more sales, for a start.

The way games are headed means that you need newer hardware. CPU, Graphics, RAM, and Internet connection too.

but that is the problem. Companies make *great* multiplayer games, but sucks in single player (meh, to me sucks in both way)

ID wanted a great single player game. I bet they did it! :) Like Morrowind.